(2) The Lingering Past

I don't feel that proud about this chapter I just wanted to give you another chapter so fast so sorry if you don't like it.

DAMIANO^^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here" Farah says, while giving Iona a tablet "just drink that, and all of the things that should stay inside, will be inside"

Iona chuckles, she made a grateful smile and walks to the door to get a cold glass of water from the kitchen. Suddenly, Farah grabs her waist gently and pull her back in the room again

"What?" Iona says, unfazed. Her wide eyes swivels to Farah. The woman was small compared to the other males especially her husband, but she can easily take Iona in her arms and swing her like a stuffed toy.

"Honey, don't ruin the surprise to the guys outside. I'll get you some water, and you stay here." She walks past Iona to the door but pauses the moment her hand touched the knob. Farah looks over her shoulder and gave her a squinting look "Don't do anything stupid, young lady"

Iona looks at her strangely with a goofy smile on her face "What? What makes you think I'll do anything stupid?"

Farah purses her lips, mulling over the words. She wasn't sure if it's a smart thing to say. She's scared she'll just hurt the poor child. "it's just that you're just too much like your mom" she gives her a small smile then went to the kitchen.

Iona looks at where Farah had left, instead of feeling sad she can't help but feel guilty. She knows Farah and her Mom were close like sisters, she feels so horrible that she didn't tell them about her death ages ago. Also, partly of it is because she feels at fault for her Mom dying. She could have stopped her

4 years ago

It was like any other day in the hospital, Iona had her hair shaved since she knew it's going to fall out anyway because of the treatments. Her Mother being herself tried to cheer her up with photographs that she took. She stares at the window with her camera on her lap, a gift from her 12th birthday, she took after her mother after all.

The frozen pictures, the lighting, the angle and the way some things are beautiful if you know the right way to look at it. Both her and her Mom were fascinated by these things. It's been a while since she took a picture of anything, the treatments make her arms shake and you need a steady hand to take a good picture.

There's a lot that didn't make sense to her, she know that she was dying and people are trying to avoid that question. But what completely throws her off is that she didn't knew why her Father forbid her and her mother to go in contact with their other relatives.

Dianna tries really hard to keep Iona form forgetting them, she keeps telling her stories of her brothers and giving her pictures of when she was young with them. Hoping that it would be more than enough to do so.

Iona moves to get her box of pictures below her bed, and got it without pulling the IV line on her left hand. She opens the box with shaky hands and smile at the contents, this was all that she knows about them. Her own memories covered by a haze or fog like she isn't quite sure if it really happened.

"Honey, good morning" her mother enters the room like a light of her own. Her dark eyes twinkling with delight at the sight of her frail daughter, her hair braided to keep it from obstructing her face. Her mom had red lips not like hers that has lost its color, and her mother has a curvy and a little bit muscular body.

"Good morning, Mom" She smiles, replying hers. A warmth in her chest that wouldn't fade away.

Dianna caresses her daughters face, and smiles "guess what, honey"