I was just about done when ‘Barefoot Blue Jean Night’ came on and I started dancing again.

“What kind of music do you listen to in America? What IS this?” a voice asked from my doorway. I took a break from my dancing and saw Conor leaning against my door frame with a puzzled look on his face.

“What? You don’t like it?” I asked.

“No, that’s what’s weird. I actually like it A LOT.” He said.

“Haha. It’s country music. Do you not listen to this over here?”

“Not really. I’ve never heard this song before. Got any others I could have a listen to?”

“Of course!” I said enthusiastically. I played ‘Summer Nights’ by Rascal Flats for him and it came blasting through the speakers.

His listened for a couple seconds and then his head started to bob.

Then his foot started tapping.

I took my cowboy hat and threw it on his head. Before I knew it, Conor was jumping around my room with me, singing and dancing along with the music.

I have turned my cousin into a cowboy. Woohoo!

We were jumping on the bed when Aunt Tara came in the room laughing at us. “What on earth are you two doing?” she asked, still chuckling at the sight of us jumping about the room and dancing like children.

“DANCINGGGG!” we cheered. Conor and I jumped and landed on the bed laughing at ourselves.

“Well, is there any way Erin could take a break from your little dance party to come help me in the garden with something?” she asked inquisitively.

“Yeah, sure.” I replied hesitantly. She was going to yell at me for last night. I just knew it.

We stepped out into the garden; it was absolutely breathtaking.

“So where were you last night?” Blunt and straight to the point. Even when I was getting scolded I couldn’t help but respect the woman.

“Okay, you remember Niall? The one from the party?” She nodded in assent. “Alright, it’s a long story so I’ll just give you the short version. I was with Niall, we got mobbed by fans and hid out at his house for a while until the fans left, and that’s when I called you to say I was going to be later than I expected. But, we ended up watching some movies and I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up I rushed home and fell asleep in my room.” I left out the part about falling asleep on Niall… for now, anyways.

I gave her a minute to process everything I said before I asked her, “So how come you didn’t yell at me earlier? I mean, if you knew I wasn’t home, why didn’t I get in trouble?”

“Honey, it’s your Uncle Cal’s job to do the worrying and punishing. I don’t mind that you stayed out. Just don’t get caught by your uncle or you’ll have a problem. He can be over protective at times. Especially since you’re our responsibility when you’re over here.”

I had to laugh. Like seriously, how many aunts would tell their nieces they don’t mind if they stay out all night??? NOT MANY.

“So I have a question. I thought people over here were cool with Niall being famous since they already know him. So why did we get mobbed yesterday??” I asked her.

“Those fans are fine around Niall, but not with the rest of his friends.” She smiled. “So now I have a question.”

“Shoot.” I said.

“What were you and Niall up to last night? Anything going on between you two?” she said with a cheeky grin.

Coolest. Aunt. Ever. No punishment and now we’re talking about boys.

I chuckled and said, “I’m not sure. I don’t know if I want there to be anything.”

She looked confused for a second. “What do you mean by that?”

“Well when I first met him, he was a jerk. But yesterday he was the complete opposite of that. He was quite gentlemanly, actually. It’s sort of confusing and I don’t really know what to think.” I explained to her. She was a very good listener.

Just as she was about to respond, the door bell rang and Conor came out to the garden.

“Erin, there’s someone here for you.” He told us.

 I walked back inside and to the door.

 Speak of the devil. “What are you doing here?” I asked Niall politely. He was standing in my doorway.

“We’re going shopping. And you’re coming with.” He told me matter-of-factly.

“Oh, am I now? And how did you know where I live?” I asked him, still somewhat perplexed.

“I’ve been here before. Remember?” He said.

“Oh. That’s a relief. For a second there I was worried you might be stalking me.” I said sarcastically.

“Nahh, hopefully I’m not that creepy.” He said, and we both let out a little laugh. “Come on. The guys are waiting.” He said as he started leading me out the door.

“Oh! Wait a sec. Come with me mister.” I said as I led him down the hall to my room. I grabbed his hoodie off my bed and handed it to him. “Here you go. I forgot to give it back when I kinda rushed out the door this morning.”

He chuckled. “Hah, thanks. Now come on, let’s get goin.”

“Alrighty. Just let me tell my Aunt I’m leaving.” As we walked past Aunt Tara’s room and back to the front door, I told her “I’m gunna go shopping for a bit. I’ll be back later.” She looked at Niall who was standing beside me, gave me a smile, and said “Okay, have fun!”

“We will!” I called back to her as I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.