Chapter Six.

Author's Note: BOOM! New chapter ;D
Enjoy!

-The song for this chapter is 'Fallin' For You' by Colbie Caillat.-

*******

Chapter Six.
Kyle's Point of View.

Once again, Jenny was waiting for me when we left the classroom though this time, she was accompanied by a bored looking Charlie. I shot Madeline one last look before I moved over to where Jenny and Charlie were waiting. My hand was tingling slightly from where I had held onto Madeline's. I had been shocked by the sight of her tears, and had been surprised that an encounter with Jenny could have affected her to the extent that it had. 

As I stopped in front of Jenny and Charlie, I bumped my fist against Charlie's in that way that guys do before Jenny slid her arm around my waist. I greeted her with a small smile, nothing more. I was still thinking about what Madeline had said to me about Jenny having it in for her. I couldn't comprehend why Jenny would be so mad about Madeline accidentally walking into her. It was odd. Okay, she was a bitch but I still didn't understand why she would hate Madeline so much. We began to walk down the hallway and toward the door as I remained absorbed in my thoughts.

"What's going on up there? You look like you're thinking hard about something."

Jenny tapped one of her manicured nails against my temple. Charlie snorted with laughter, looking at me as he shook his head.

"Since when does Kyle think? His brain is the size of a peanut."

I scowled at him and punched his shoulder. He groaned in pain, his hand moving to rub his injury. I smiled smugly.

"You asked for that one."

I told him, lifting my shoulders in a nonchalant shrug as he made a face at me. We were all silent for a few minutes as we exited the school. I spotted Sophie waiting for me by the wrought iron gates and she lifted her hand in a wave when she saw me.

"I gotta go babe. I've gotta walk home with Sophie."

Jenny frowned at me, the movement of her face turning her ugly for a moment as she shook her head.

"Why?"

"She's twelve. Mum doesn't want her walking all the way home on her own."

A sigh fell from Jenny's lips and she wound her arms around my neck, pressing her chest against mine as she looked up at me. She gave me her classic puppy dog eyes, looking at me pleadingly.

"Let her walk home on her own. We can go back to my place..."

Her eyebrows rose suggestively as she spoke, and she pressed herself even closer to me. Charlie stood awkwardly a few feet away, looking anywhere but at us. I shook my head at Jenny, placing a hand on the small of her back.

"I'm sorry Jen. I can't."

Immediately, Jenny's innocent look turned into a fierce scowl as she placed her hands against my chest, pushing me backwards.

"Well fuck off then."

She snapped, turning on her heel and storming off in the opposite direction to where her mother's car was waiting. I turned to look at Charlie, who made a disgusted face.

"That girl is evil, Kyle. Why do you even go out with her?"

"We're not going out."

I protested.

"We're more like...friends with benefits."

Never in a million years would I ever call Jenny my girlfriend. She knew that I slept with other girls, and I knew that she slept with other guys. Our 'relationship' was more of a casual fling rather than a boyfriend and girlfriend thing. Charlie rolled his eyes at me as we began to walk in Sophie's direction.