Chapter II : Ms.Plaq

I rushed back in our house and saw my mom packing. I tip toed trying to make sure mom doesn’t notice me.

 There was a squeak every time I step forward. I walk slower but accidentally stepped on a twig and it cracks.      

 “Don’t run little man.”

 I stopped moving, not even a single breath wishing she will notice, but she already has.      

“You should have packed your things since you ran away to play that soccer”

 Mom put down the boxes and looked at me.      

 “Ok mom! I already have. I put it all in a box before I went out to play. So don’t worry.”      

 “Didn’t I tell you not to...”  

    “Hey Kyle, you coming with us?” Interrupted my uncle Henry. Uncle Henry is old, not too old. Blue shirt with a guitar design in the centre and shorts, he wears it all.

      I smile and nodded “Hope it’s not that cow place again.”  

    “Oh. You should not talk like that boy. The sprites might hear you.”  

    “Stop it brother. You are too old for those things”   My eyes widen in amazement “Did you see one of them Uncle?”    

   “Not yet lad. Not yet.” Uncle Henry and mom tie the boxes together.  

    I went upstairs, and lifted the box where my clothes and other things were. I was about to leave my room, but I looked on my cabinet. A dollhouse lay there, damp, but the inside of it was still perfect. I remember what my Uncle had said, “sprites will hear you”. I smile and decided to carry the dollhouse with the box.  

    You might think me’ am a gay or something that is weird, why do I have a dollhouse? Don’t girls only play with that stuff? Not really, it was an ancient dollhouse. It doesn’t have webs or lizards living on it to consider it as ancient. It was made by my grandfather and inherited by my mother.  

    My mother doesn’t want the doll house to be kept and wanted to throw it away, but I picked it up secretly and hid it.       I gave the box to Uncle who is still tying the ropes to hold the boxes in the back of the car. I opened the car door and sat before my mother.  

     “Mom, why did grandfather make this?” I held the dollhouse in my lap.   “Probably because he also believes in things called sprite. He started the crazy story about them. Don’t believe it Kyle.”    

   “What story?” I can’t stop asking about it, who wouldn’t? If your grandfather believes that sprites exist and so does your Uncle, why would you hesitate to know and believe it too? Except for mom. Is it that bad to ask about it? I only wish I could ask about dad.    

   Uncle Henry closes the door and start driving “So here we go! Out to the old farmhouse we go! Hoooo!!!”    

  I can say Oh My GOD! The screaming was the only music you could hear. My mom is the one who really screams like she saw a ghost or going to die!!! To tell you the truth, I’m forcing my mouth to open and scream, like one of those girls in the school.  

     Well, Uncle Henry enjoys it. The crazy ride. Yea, he’s old but he is still cool.  

     We travelled for an hour and a half. We pass other villages and plains. We climbed the zigzag road just to get to that old farm house.  

    I want to let go and jump off the crazy ride. I look at my mom. She looks pale and sick. I wanted to tell my uncle to slow down, but he will just get hurt. But I need to try.