Reappearance

"Mom, dad, I'm home." I yell into the house as I drop my bags in the foyer. It feels good to be home. After being away for two years, even though my parents can get on my nerves, I've missed them terribly.

"Ashley!" They both shout as they emerge from separate rooms of the house, my mom from the kitchen and my father from the living room. I smile as they engulf me into a hug.

"It's so good to have you home." My mother tells me softly as she squeezes me tighter. Breathing is becoming a factor.

"Can't. Breathe." I tell my parents as they both grip me tighter.

"Oh sorry." They pull back and say at the same time. I can't help but chuckle.

"Ashleeeeey!" My little brother Tyler yells as he sprints down the stairs. The biggest smile appears on my lips. Out of everyone, I've definitely missed him the most.

"Hey buddy." I Scoop him up into my arms and squeeze him tightly.

"Can't breathe." He gasps out and we all chuckle. I shake my head as I put him down.

"How you been Ty?"

"Dad got me a whole bunch of games for my birthday and mom got me a bike, you wanna see Ash you wanna? Huh? Huh?"

"Slow down there Ty." I laugh, nodding my head. "Of course I want to see, just let me go get changed okay?"

"Okay." He nods, before running off, up to his room.

"Same old Ty I see." I say to my parents as I pick my bags up from the floor.

"Of course." My parents smile.

"Let me get those for you honey, I know it's been a long trip."
"That's okay dad." I wave him off. "I've got them. I'm gonna go get freshened up."

"Okay sweetie, dinner will be ready in a couple of hours."

"Okay." I nod and smile, making my way up to my room. I can feel my parent's eyes on me as I ascend the stairs. I know they've missed me as much as I've missed them, probably more. So I'll give them a few days to adjust.

I sigh as I push open the door to my room, dropping my bags at the door. I walk into the room a little. It feels like it's been forever since I was last here. Two years may not seem like a long time but a lot can happen in two years. I sit down on my bed as I look around my room.

A smile appears at my lips when I remember some of the times my friends and I had in this room, before that day when everything changed...

"There's no way those are real, look at them." Madison shouts at the television.

"Can you be any louder?" Aiden asks, quirking a brow at our friend.

"Well I'm just saying..." She shrugs.

"You know that's not a valid argument right? Cause technically you didn't just say anything." Aiden rebuttals, I laugh and shake my head at my friends.

"Why don't you can it Dennison? How about that? Is that a good enough argument for you?"

"That's not—"
"Aide, you're not gonna win. Just let it go." I advise him as Madison turns her attention back to the television. I'm not even sure what we're watching. Some trashy show Madison turned it to, just so she could complain.

"Why are we watching this again?" Aiden asks with a raised brow.

"Cause it's quality television that's why." Madison replies, not looking away from the television.