Chapter Twenty-One - Tyler

Yo so 18+ for this chapter, just a warning. My usual explicit sex scenes didn't really fit this book so I went for a more romantic, implied sort of sex scene. I like how it turned out, even if it did somewhat test my ability to not just throw the word 'cock' in there like 40 times.

Apologies for the missed week - things are veeeeery busy at work!

Love, Cam

Chapter Twenty-One

Tyler

The trip home from the swimming centre had been tense, because I was uncomfortable, and Colin and Andrew were clearly picking up on the discomfort but had no idea why there was discomfort. Saskie, blithely unaware of the awkwardness, babbled on and on about swimming and how she wanted to be able to do a handstand when she could properly go underwater.

When we got back, I politely asked Sorcha if she wouldn't mind helping Saskie with a bath and washing her hair.

"Sure," Sorcha said, eyeing me warily. "Everything okay?"

I forced a smile, and lowered my voice. "I'm going to get the explanation out the way."

"Got it," Sorcha replied, and then grinned at the still slightly-damp Saskie. "Ready for a bath, little one? I think today we're going to be dolphins."

Saskie ran off into the bathroom making noises that she probably thought were dolphin noises, but more resembled whale song, followed shortly after by Sorcha.

I turned to Colin and Andrew and said, "Mind if we have a chat?"

Colin looked a little worried, and blurted out, "Is everything okay? I don't know what happened but it felt like something's wrong? Did I do something? Have I messed this up already?"

"No, no," I groaned, and gestured to the table for them to sit down. "I... God, this is so stupid."

I had no idea how to say this. 'I'm dating someone, have been for a week or so, also he's Saskie's teacher and you just saw him in very tight Lycra' didn't seem like the right way to start, but I had nothing else to work with.

"I'm guessing this has something to do with the teacher?" Andrew asked, startling me, and he shrugged. "You went bright red, and he tried very hard not to look directly at your chest but failed. Your shirt was slightly see-through from the damp."

I sat down with a 'fwumph' and put my head in my hands. "Oh, good Lord."

"I only noticed because I was concerned you'd hurt yourself somehow, the way he was staring at you," Andrew replied, completely misunderstanding my embarrassment. "You weren't flashing the whole café or anything."

I made an undignified noise in response.

Colin sounded baffled. "You're dating Saskie's teacher?"

"In my defence," I said weakly, and then realised I had no defence. "Okay, I've got nothing. I'm dating Saskie's teacher, yes. I was hoping to tell you today, after we were all done with swimming."

I was greeted with silence, and looked up to see Andrew looking thoughtful and Colin looking horrified. "I... how long have you been dating him?" he asked. "Have you been asking Saskie to lie to us since you moved here?!"

Andrew gently reached over and put his hand on Colin's arm. "I don't think we're in a position to complain about people lying, dear."

"I've only been seeing him for a week!" I protested. "I asked Saskie how she felt about it before I went on the date, but I didn't tell her that I'd gone ahead with the date, and I was planning on telling everyone together while you were visiting. I didn't get here and immediately start fucking about with her teacher, if that's what you're insinuating-"