Fate or Destiny?

"Nadia, wake up! C'mon, today is the day you've been waiting for years, you have to hurry up and get dressed." Andrea said as she pulled my arm.

"That hurt!" I said in a mad tone.

I opened my eyes with difficulty due to sun who was rising in front of me, it feels like i only slept two minutes. Although, There's a lot of perks of living in front of a lake. I get to admire the beautiful view, But there's also disadvantages. Such as when people think it's funny to throw their garbage in the lake. The smell of it is DREADFUL, I don't understand why people do that. I mean, there's a trash right next to the lake! Anyways, I finally got up, took my towel and went to take a quick shower. It usually takes me a lot of time to get ready, but I didn't really have much time left. For my outfit, who took me a while to pick, I finally chose a black crop top, some ripped jeans, a white, blue and brown flannel, black converse and black round sunglasses. 

It's the first and probably the last time I'll be taking a plane in my life. Our family isn't as fortunate as others but that honestly doesn't bug me at all. Except for the fact that my so called "friends" think it's funny to laugh at people for being considered as "middle class". I'm neither rich nor poor, we have everything we could wish for. I mean, Not exactly "everything" but I could say we live in great condition. At least I have a roof where to live, food and safety, what else could I want?. I think I forgot to introduce myself..  Sorry, I'm terrible at introductions. My name is Nadia, I'm 17 years old and I live with my beautiful beautiful mom and my sister in a well.. a pretty small town situated in North Carolina. My dad left us when I was nearly 7 years old, He said he couldn't deal with all of the stress my mom was causing him but none of us believed him either way. My mom always told me that he was an alcoholic (a term wich I didn't understand when I was younger) and a womanizer. The weird thing is that I don't seem to remember seeing him drink nor come home late. What I do remember is crying my eyes out waiting for their fights to end, I guess he had another girl or a "side-chick" that he would see instead of going to work, wich was the reason we once were in poverty. He left us soon after, Not even a letter nor any piece of his clothing was left, only memories. I still remember when he would play hide and seek with me and my sister, or when he would read us bed time stories so we could fall asleep and would take us to the beach or even to fish at that "supposed" hunted lake that was not even haunted. Looking back at the present, all I have is broken dreams and memories that I'll never get to live again, but that is the past and I have learned to overcome it.

After finishing everything I had to do, I came out of my room, on my way towards the kitchen.

"Finally, the sleeping beauty woke up!" My mom said as she took out her mug from the coffee maker.

"Very funny, mom. " i said as i opened the fridge and closed it right away, since there was nothing in it.

"You must be very excited; it's your first trip! My first trip was when I had 14 years old, to Japan. It's so beautiful over there, you should consider going."

"Mom, i had to save up for about 1 year to pay this. It will take me forever to save to go to Japan!" I added while letting out a small giggle.

"You'll go someday."

"Hmm, can we go to Starbucks on our way to the airport?"

"Sure, since there's no food in here." She raised her voice as she pronounced the last words so Andrea, who tends to eat everything in the fridge, can hear.

"Hey that's not my fault!"

"Of course it isn't."

"Alright, Can we go? I really don't want to miss the flight." I said while smiling widely at my mom.