Time Junction

Special thanks to lalynzee for editing!

____________________________________________________________________________

Present day - Huntingston, England

Tick-tock...

     Wilma let out a sigh before glancing out the window that overlooked the town of Huntingston on a miserable, wet Friday afternoon. Usually, the view outside the lecture hall window showed nothing as exciting as watching paint dry. She knew exactly who was going to make their debut outside that window at two every afternoon.

     The young college student licked her lips, anticipating the regulars that she had grown to recognize by now.

     It wasn't her fault that she did not concentrate on her lecturer most of the time. He was just a measly substitute for Professor Neill, who was on a five month sabbatical. Besides, the other students in the room seemed to have the same problem of listening to the meek thirty-something lecturer too. Looking around the snooze fest of a room Will instinctively placed her gaze outside the window again, having performed this game numerous times to amuse herself during the lecture.

     Time for Mr. Shorty to appear...

     A short, yet bulky man soon came into view, his strides surprisingly big for someone so small. He had his hood up to shield him from the light drizzle and his hands were tucked inside his pockets from the chilling temperature that the town had grown accustomed to in the past week or two. Will had grown to learn that he always got the newspaper in a shop by the corner before making his way to a bright yellow house in the corner of the street, where his neighbour, Mrs. Potter, was seen tending her flower garden by the lawn.

     Then there's Supernanny...

     As if on cue, three figures walked leisurely down the pier towards the direction of the college campus, the tallest pushing a pram with one hand while the other held an umbrella. The two small figures ran playfully around her, oblivious to the light drizzle. Will suddenly laughed as the lady's umbrella got turned over by a strong gust of wind, helpless at the mercy of the weather and also the laughing children.

     A couple of students gave her dirty looks then, but Will just let out an innocent smile as if nothing had happened.

     She returned her attention to the window once more, letting her eyes roam the view in front of her. It was difficult to see out the window now — grey clouds had rolled in out of nowhere and it had made everything outside dark and gloomy. Just then, a lone figure strolled down the street looking like he didn't have a care for the upcoming storm that might occur at any moment. 

     She squinted, her interest growing. He's new.

     It was just a man dressed in typical clothes—grey hoodie, jeans, the lot—but it was this invisible pull he had that she couldn't take her eyes from. Just when the stranger was about to disappear from Will's aerial view, he stopped all of a sudden. Slowly, he brought his gaze at the college student, giving her unprecedented access to his ageing face. He then smirked at her and revealed a set of disgusting yellow teeth that would make any prehistoric caveman proud.

     Creep.

     "Will?" a female voice called out to her, tearing the young woman's attention away from the window. Her friend, Sarah, nudged her shoulder. "What's the matter with you? You look like you're constipated looking out that window." If she was in a better mood Will would have chuckled at her friend's blunt personality and countered back with a witty response, but somehow she didn't feel like doing it so then.

     "It's nothing," the red-head lied, giving a reassuring smile at Sarah.

     Throughout the remainder of her class, Will fought the temptation to gaze out of her window in fear of seeing the hooded man again. However when she finally got the courage to, he was gone.

                                                       *~*~*~*

     The man outside Huntingston College University slowed down his tracks before coming to a halt. He looked at the pocket watch clutched in his hand then back to the red-head in the brightly-lit room up in the second-level floor. She wasn't looking at him now, but he stared back at her just the same.

     Tick-tock.

     Perfect. He had her now.