Suikoden Short Stories

A/N - This is a small collection made up Suikoden short stories. Spoilers? Perhaps. You've been warned.

--------------------------------------------

Luc, that's not a good place to sleep.

The young sage stood up from his sitting position, dusting off his clothing and turning to head back into Tora Castle. After sitting on the roof for about an hour, Luc had finally gotten sleepy. He yawned as he walked down the stairs, heading to the room with the Stone Tablet of Promise. The room was dark when he entered, light from the hallway being the only way to see around the room. Luc pulled the door most of the way shut before he sat beside it, leaning against it and quickly falling asleep.

Luc woke up the next morning with a yawn. He opened his eyes to see Clive and Viki looking at him, both looking confused. Luc quickly climbed to his feet and dusted off his clothes again. 

"What?"

"Luc, that's not a good place to sleep, ya know. The tablet could've fell and smashed you." Viki frowned as she looked at him.

"So what if it did? Would anyone care?" Luc snapped at both of them before walking around them and out of the room.

Clive shook his head as Viki sighed. "Poor boy. If only we knew something about him other than the fact he's rude."

Luc yelled from outside of the door. "I heard that!"

Clive and Viki just glanced at each other, sighing again.

Which Prince is which?

Queen's Knight, Kyle, blinked as he looked between Roy and Prince Frey. "I don't know how Lyon can tell..." Kyle looked closely at both of the them and pointed to Roy.

"You're his Royal Highness, the Prince!" Roy chuckled as Prince Frey glared at Kyle with burning blue eyes. Kyle rubbed the back of his head with a nervous chuckle.

"Or not..."

"Really Kyle? The Prince doesn't look even look nearly as vulgar as Roy does!" The Queen's Knights apprentice, Lyon had walked over to see what the three of them were doing.

"Oh really? Then how can you tell?" Kyle distracted Lyon so that Roy and Prince Frey could change positions. Lyon looked at both of them and quickly pointed to Prince Frey.

"That's the Prince!" Frey nodded. 

Roy snickered. "Turn around and let's us move around a bit, then we'll see if you can guess." Kyle turned Lyon around as the two hopped around a bit and had their backs turned toward the two Queen's Knights.

"Ready!" Roy said and glanced at the Prince, grinning at him before turning his head back. Lyon turned around and quickly walked in front of the two boys, pointing to Prince Frey. Roy snorted.

"Hey! That's cheating!"

"You never said I had to stay behind you!"

Kyle put a hand under his chin in thought as he looked at both of the boys. "Oh! I know how Lyon does it now. His Royal Highness has blueish-silver eyes, whereas Roy's eyes are bright yellow!"

The Prince and Roy frowned as they looked at each other and Roy threw his hands into the air in defeat. "Boo man! That's no fun!" Prince Frey, Lyon and Kyle all started laughing. 

"Hey! What's so funny?!"