Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

"You smell like p-"

"Oh, Goddess, no. Stop." I commanded, wrinkling my nose in disgust. Scythe smirked and Kyler scowled a little before sighing, leaning against the frame of the archway, folding his arms over his chest as he frowned, watching the pups climb over each other in excitement.

"What's wrong?" I asked with a frown, noticing his discomfort. Kyler shook his head.

"Nothing. Tired, I guess. You wolves are way too loud when you celebrate. Good thing you don't know when my birthday is." He snorted.

"We had good reason to celebrate." Scythe replied. Kyler made a face, but said nothing more as he came over, taking the pups and plopping them on mine and Scythe's laps before he wedged in between us. Scythe scowled at him and I just sighed as Kyler draped his arms over the back of the sofa.

"Well. Bad guy's dead. Zaid's not pregnant anymore. Puppies are safe. And all's right with the world." He announced, cocking his head as he let it run through his mind. Scythe and I shared looks studying Kyler.

"And what'll you do now?" I asked at last, knowing it was on all of our minds. Kyler frowned slowly, withdrawing his arms to clasp his hands in his lap, his thumbs twiddling.

"Dunno. Chill here until I can get back on my feet, unless you don't want me corrupting your pups." He added, turning to look at Aidan, who was sniffing at his face. Kyler stuck his tongue out and Aidan yelped before tilting his head curiously, flicking his tongue out to lick Kyler's.

"Eugh!" Kyler tore away, wiping at his mouth vigorously. Aidan barked excitedly at his reaction, clamboring over my lap and into Kyler's, sitting there and looking up at him. Kyler moaned.

"Gross, now I have rabies and parvo and all sorts of other mutt diseases." He complained, glaring at Aidan, who continued to gaze up at him with pure affection. I smirked and Scythe snorted.

"You're such a drama queen. Stop infecting my sons with your diseases."

"Yea? My diseases? Name one."

"Stupidity."

"I hate you."

"The feeling's entirely mutual."

"Kyler," I spoke up, making him glance at me, "If you're serious about staying, I hope you know that we don't mind at all. Whether you want to admit it or not, you like it here. We know you do. It's perfectly fine with us that you stay here with our pack." Kyler blinked, looking at me perplexed before he quickly looked at Scythe, who reluctantly nodded in agreement. Kyler turned to look at the floor thoughtfully for a while before he closed his eyes, smacking his hands on our knees to heave himself up.

"Well! Looks like I'll be staying here for a while longer. If that's indeed so, I'd like to change the menu for dinner." He declared.

"Oh Goddess." Scythe groaned. Kyler ignored him and faced me, holding out his fingers and ticking them off as he spoke.

"Stop using the whole damn pig. It's absolutely terrifying to see it staring back at me, even if those aren't its real eyes. Also, try some salmon for once. Don't get me wrong, chicken is just heavenly, but we seriously need some fish in our diets. Oh, and stop with the raccoon stews. I keep thinking about that raccoon Remi told us about that one time with the rat. Oh yea, and next time I see a rat on our table, I'm eating it. Right there. In front of everyone. Speaking of rats, there's another rat in my room and it's fucking huge. Scythe, we're goin' into town for more traps."

"Oh. You have got to be kidding me." Scythe complained and dropped his head back against the back of the sofa, covering his face with his hands as Kyler went on and on with his list of accomidations and rules. I rolled my eyes, smirking a little before I looked down at Aidan, who was watching Kyler and his father argue with sparkling green eyes, looking rather excited about the whole thing.

"Meet your Godfather, Aidan. He's a snow leopard. And he's insane." I added, watching Aidan tilt his head back to look at me, his tongue lolling out as he barked as a response. I laughed, then held him close to my chest, sighing at the feel of his fur on my skin.

Things seemed to finally settle back into their normal states again.

My parents, whom I still had yet to forgive for lying to me this whole time, seemed to understand that I wasn't going to speak to them until they apologized and seeing as they were too proud to admit it, just stayed silent and obeyed mine and Scythe's orders.

The rest of our pack seemed to finally get along far better. We were relaxed with each other and there was hardly a secret between us. Well, save for the secret relationship between Kylan and Alek. That was still left untouched. Thalia still didn't know. Kylan still pursued Alek, but it seemed Alek had stopped letting Kylan get close to him. He had his wife and pups to think about.

Kyler did stay with us, but I was concerned by what Jack had told us back at the van.

Now that Jack was dead...

What was Kyler going to do?

I guess that was a story for another time...

FIN

A/N: WHOA. It's done! Hope it wasn't too sappy or rushed or anything. I hope I tied up... most of the lose ends, because... Yes, my dear readers. You've probably been wandering about our lovely snow leopard, Kyler Mercy. Who is he? What's his story? Does he ever find love? Well, all those questions and more will be answered in the sequel to The Full Moon called Dreamscape! Thanks for reading, and hope you enjoyed! See you in the sequel!

EDIT: This is a series now! Here's the reading list:

1) The Full Moon

2) Dreamscape

3) Into the Woods

4) Moonstone Romance

5) The Pauper's Dream

6) The Sorcerer's Lullaby

7) Passion and Danger