[11] Woohoo!

Judeikas understood what Lara meant by 'you should see him'.

     He looked like the shell of what used to be Vivien. His face was set in a blank expression, his hair was curly since he hadn't bothered straightening it, his shoulders lay slumped and his back slightly hunched.

     But he was beautiful, and Judeikas missed him, so he told him so.

     In return, Vivien just looked at the pale red carpet and crossed his arms. He didn't look mad, he didn't look anything. The grey of the walls only succeeded into adding to his gloom appearance.

     "Look, you got your point across, I promise I won't lay lips on anything other than you, be it cigarettes or people. I promise." Judeikas spoke, playing with the sleeves of his navy blue sweater.

     Vivien looked up, eyebrows slightly raising. Then he turned around and walked to the window, and Jude followed one step behind, unwilling to let go of his scent and presence for one second.

     Once there, he looked outside the window, or maybe at his and Jude's reflection, or maybe at nothing in general, and was just spacing out. Jude couldn't tell.

      But he waited in silence, watching the evening sun rays hug Vivien's stoic features delicately, adding just a hint of life into his amber eyes. The shade of orange matched the tips of his hair, which Judeikas could barely keep from caressing.

     "It's just..." he cleared his throat when it came out croaky. "It's just, that... that prank you pulled on the first day..." he sighed, rubbing his collar bone. "What's worst about it is, it was so believable! Enough to make me cry on my butt in the middle of the hallway, Judeikas."

     "And... When I saw you from the yard, smoking... that... desperation to take a drag from the cigarette- you're clearly not over it, Judeikas, and I can only think back on what the principal said... 'Lung cancer', and then 'He did smoke a lot, Vivien', and- and then I can remember how you smothered Voerman to suck the smoke out of him like he was nothing but an object-"

     "I'm sorry." Jude murmured, watching the man open the window largely. "Vivién, I tried my best to quit, you have no idea... I just slipped..."

     Vivien nodded and gulped, his eyes roaming over the view outside, fingers clenching the necklace. With a shaky sigh he paused and then nodded again, taking the necklace off and fumbling with it.

     Judeikas gaped slightly, his body going cold and his stomach flipping upon seeing Viv's naked neck. He prayed every day to never see such sight, and it hurt like nothing else now that he did.

     In his state, he couldn't even react upon seeing him dart the necklace outside the window.

     After the fifteen seconds it took for Judeikas to register the happening, he managed to find his voice.

     "You- you can't... No! We- we have so much planned! We're moving in together, Vivién... we- I love you, you can't seriously do this to me! I told you I'm sorry, why are you doing this to me?"

     Vivien turned to him and cupped his cheeks, looking deep into his evergreen eyes with a gentle expression.

     "Judeikas, calm down, please." he sketched a smile which Jude could barely see, what with having to blink continuously to keep the tears from flowing.

     "This is just punishment, okay? You go look for the necklace, and think about what you've done while you're at it. This only serves to get it through your head that you're never to smoke again."