I look bad in red, white, and blue

Rule#53: Bad is never good. 

Never fall for a badboy because they are, and forever will be, one thing: 

Trouble.

And nothing good can come out of trouble. 

Bringing the phone to my ear, I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. Madison stares at me, a weird mix of worry and wonder on her face. I’m sure she is beyond confused on why I’ve went from wanting to text back Ian to calling Jace.

The same time the first ring blares from the other side, Madison opens her mouth. She is no doubt about to voice her own very serious concerns. When it comes to her, she is always concerened about something. 

“Why the bloody hell are you calling Jace!” She hisses loud enough to almost wake the whole house. For all I know, they all could still be awake. Not that I am willing to take that chance. I reach forward and grab her hand, quickly pulling her behind me out of the kitchen.

The last thing I need is Ellie hearing her. Imagining my sisters face upon hearing that I am, indeed, about to call Jace Stone is almost worth it though. She would probably freak. 

I quickly make my way up the stairs, Madisons hand still in mine, and reach my door the same time the ringing clicks over to a very tired, very familiar voice.

“You better be dying.”

Rolling my eyes, I let go of Madison's hand and push open my bedroom door. Darkness greets me and I make weird hand motions hoping she will understand that I am trying to tell her to turn on the lights.

She lets out a small exhale of breath before knocking into my shoulder on her way to finding the light switch. Clearly she is not happy about this new revelation.

“I’m not dying.”

The sound of him moving on his bed fills the phones silence before he lets out a frustrated sigh. I no doubt probably woke him up.  

“Fine. Then please tell me that a car of Victoria Secret models just broke down in front of your house on the way to a fashion show and need my help.”

I take a deep breath, trying not to laugh. It’s so not the appropriate thing to do. Encouraging Jace just makes him continue to voice is wild imagination and horrible innuendos.

White light suddenly washes the room in white, momentarily blinding me. I bring my hand up to block my eyes and squint through the brightness. I blink a few times till my vision adjusts, letting me finally see Madison taking off her shirt.

 “Does my best friend in her underwear and bra count?”

“No.”

“I’ll even add those silly wings if you want. I have a sheet in the closet?”

“Unless you plan on suffocating yourself with said sheet, I have no interest in it.”

I can hear the amusement in his voice and I slowly sit on the edge of my bed, not succeeding in keeping the small smile off my face. For some reason he always makes me smile at the most oddest times possible. 

“You know what else sheets come in hand with? Burying bodies. Just as efficient as a trash bag. You know what they say, eco-friendly is the way.”

Madison must hear the teasing in my voice because she throws her shirt at my face. I quickly dart out of the shirts way, shooting her a hard glare. She rolls her eyes before mouthing Ian.