Married with Children

Prologue

“Here we go.” Beamed Harry as he carefully parked his car in the driveway “You ready babe?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.” Replied Cailyn, looking back at the car seat securely placed in the middle. “We’re on our own now, let’s be the best parents there could ever be!”

            Cailyn and Harry were on their way home from the hospital, but this time with an extra person. A little baby girl sat snugly in her bright pink car seat. Both of the new parents got out of the car and Harry went to grab his daughter from the back seat. Still asleep, she looked like a little angel. Harry looked down at her with a wide smile, he couldn’t have been happier.

            As the three of them made their way up the lawn which was covered with balloons, streamers, and banners, the little girl started to whimper softly. “Ready babe?” Harry asked. Cailyn only nodded in agreement before her could open the front door. The couple were flooded with cheers and congratulations as the stepped through the door. Before Cailyn could even process what was going on she was being pushed out of the way so everyone could get a look at Harry and their baby girl, April.

            Harry walked further into the lounge, cradling April in a pastel purple nursing blanket. Everyone instantly followed him, making funny faces directed towards a half asleep April. Cailyn rolled her eyes and slumped down on a nearby chair, this might be her only time to relax. Swiftly Danielle appeared beside her and sat down carefully on the arm. “How you feeling, Mommy?” giggled Danielle, glancing up every so often to see Harry look over to them with a stressed look on his face. “Looks like Harry’s got a handful, who invited all these people anyway? I don’t even recognize them.”

“Oh, my sister must have invited them.” Cailyn groaned throwing her head against the chair “You have no clue how tired I am. Those beds are the worst!”

“Oh I know, that was the worst stay with Kimberlee. I didn’t sleep at all, but then again she was screaming the whole time.”

            Liam and Danielle had Kimberlee almost immediately after their wedding. The three of them were perfect. Danielle really was the best mother and Liam was adorable with his little girl. They were the two that Harry and Cailyn aimed to be like, they wanted to be the best parents ever.

___________________________________

            The last of the people were starting to empty out of the small house, leaving Niall and Stephanie, Louis and Casey, Liam and Danielle, and Zayn and Seana as well as Harry and Cailyn. Ever since One Direction had faded away several years ago, the group had still stayed together. Only now they had a few additions like the newest one, April.

            Cailyn and Casey stood in the kitchen, finishing the dishes. “So, the welcoming party was a success.” Beamed Casey, drying her hands off before leaning against the counter “You sister really does know what she’s doing.”

“She does go a bit overboard, I thought it was only going to be you guys not everyone I’ve ever spoke two words to.” Mumbled Cailyn, clearing exhausted.

“Well let’s leave the rest of the dishes for Harry, you deserve a rest.” Instructed Casey

            The two walked into the living room where the rest were sitting, Harry still cradling April. “Well look who it is. It’s Mommy!” announced Harry as Cailyn dropped down beside him on the couch. Cailyn lightly slapped his cheek than laid her head on his shoulder. “Well it’s true. And I’m your Daddy!” whispered Harry down at April who was fast asleep in his arm.

“I’m going to go take her upstairs and put her to bed, if I don’t come down in 10 minutes I’ve fallen asleep too.” Said Cailyn. And with that she lifted April out of Harry’s arms and continued up the staircase and down the hall.

“This is going to be a long week for you guys.” Said Liam as Cailyn left the room “You better help her with April, Harry.”

“Oh I will, since I’m home a lot now it shouldn’t be a problem.” Responded Harry, leaning back on the sofa. 

“Well good because she’s going to need it.” Explained Liam “Hey, Dani do you think we should head home? Kim’s out cold.” On a chair across the room sat Kimberlee and Jordyn, Zayn’s son, sound asleep together.

“N’aww, that’s cute.” Giggled Seana “Zayn, I think we should head home too.”

“Hey, Harry maybe Lou or Niall could have a son for April” joked Liam “Or are you going to be a protective father?”

“Anyone touches my daughter and they’re losing a hand!” joked Harry in a protective tone.

“Well I think I answered my own question.” Exclaimed Liam as he picked up Kimberlee and grabbed his coat. “I’ll phone tomorrow, have a nice night.”

            After about 20 more minutes everyone had left leaving Harry alone downstairs to finish the dishes. Quickly he finished and headed up stairs towards the bedroom he shared with Cailyn. The side lamp was on and Cailyn sat reading a parenting book. “Anything interesting?” asked Harry as he slid in beside her.

“Nah, I’ve read all these books twice over already.” Replied Cailyn, “I’m just super nervous. Well at least my parents are coming in on Friday.”

“Yah, do I have to pick them up at the airport?” asked Harry dully “Or are they going to take a cab?”

“Well after a long flight from Canada, I don’t think they’re going to want to take a cab, plus I don’t think my mom likes them.” Explained Cailyn “We’ve still got a few days to settle in with April before they get here.”

“Where are they staying? Here or at a hotel?” questioned Harry, fixing his unruly curls “I can set up the guest room but it’s got a bunch on April’s stuff that we haven’t moved into her room.”

“I’ll call Mom tomorrow and figure out everything. We should get some sleep, April could be up anytime now.” And with that Cailyn turned off her lamp and pulled the duvet closer to her face “Night babe.”

“Night, I love you.”