Easter Battle

• Dedicated to Fear

Halo, Fear, and Willow gathered around the table. Jagged strolled into the kitchen moments later and joined them as well. She knew from the look on Fear's face that something was going on. The look on Willow's face simply confirmed it. Halo's face revealed that they were planning something. Jagged was glad she had learned to read her adopted sisters' faces. "Sooo... What's up?" Jagged asked them quietly. 

Fear grinned at Jagged but refused to say anything. Jagged was used to that response from Fear though. Fear was either talkative or quiet. It didn't even seem to depend on her mood or anything. Willow gave Jagged a smile that meant she would be of no help and said, "the sky is up Jagged!" 

Jagged rolled her eyes and gave Willow a soft punch then sent Halo a pleading look. Halo shook her head. "You'll have to wait until Sonic, Ghosty, and Darky get here. I don't want to have to explain it more than once," Halo explained. 

Jagged nodded and couldn't help but look out the window to see if they were on their way. She couldn't see them so she contented herself to wait. She didn't have to wait long because although she didn't see them they were on their way. The door opened and in walked the three boys.  

Willow rushed over and hugged Darky; it was her regular greeting of him now. Halo smiled at her younger sister. Willow really liked him; in fact she practically dated the boy. Halo didn't know for sure but she could imagine the two growing up and getting married. They were a cute pair.  

Sonic came over to the table and sat in between Halo and Jagged. Halo gave him a hug, more of a friendship hug than anything. Ghosty went over to Fear and picked her up in a hug then sat in her chair and let her sit on him. Jagged watched and felt lonesome. They all had someone, someone who loved them. "So what is this about?" Jagged asked to distract her from loneliness. 

Halo grinned at Jagged. "This Easter there will be a battle. We shall fight for a chocolate bunny. Not your average every day chocolate bunny but a massive one. I'll ask Mr. and Mrs. Crosshawk to help Mr. Durkla hide the eggs. We'll have nerf guns and-" Halo managed to get pretty far before her words sunk in and everyone had questions.  

"A battle?" "How do we win?" "Nerf guns?"  

Halo rolled her eyes and held up her hands to stop the flurry of questions. "If you could just all hold your questions until the end we might get through this. Now where was I? Right, nerf guns. We'll have nerf guns and if anyone gets hit by them they must drop their gun and go to an adult to get a new one. The adults will roam around to prevent anyone from cheating," Halo paused to give Willow a meaningful look. "We'll gather eggs and whoever gets the most eggs wins the bunny. Now, any questions?" 

Everyone shook their heads and pondered the idea. Sonic grinned at Halo. "Please tell me this isn't one of your Easter traditions," he said teasingly. 

Halo smiled and nodded. Sonic shook his head. "You guys have the weirdest traditions ever," he grumbled. 

Willow grinned and poked him. "But that's how you have the most fun Sonic. Plus its one way to get chocolate," she said a glimmer in her eye as she spoke of chocolate. 

"It was on a smaller scale. But more kids means it has to be bigger," Halo added to Willow's explanation. 

Jagged chuckled, Willow always did love candy. In fact Jagged had learned to hide her candy in a different spot each day. "When is Easter?" Fear asked quietly. 

"Easter is next weekend. We'll get Good Friday off and just hang out. Then Friday night we'll go sleep in a hotel. They'll hide the eggs and come get us Saturday morning. They'll give us the nurf guns and then start walking around making sure we don't cheat. The battle ends Saturday at sundown," Halo told them.