Introduction

Introduction

"Stop eating with your mouth open!" Lawrence snapped, narrowing one eye down at his friend next to him.

"Sorry, I'm just really hungry." Craig answered with a huff.

Lawrence sighed and kept nibbling on a vege sandwich. Lawrence was a hard to get along with type of person. His home was in the rural areas and lived just like it. He usually wore a red flannel long sleeved shirt over a black shirt which usually had the name of some heavy metal band and ripped jeans. 'Fashion', he called it. And there were very many people that would argue with him.

Despite his skinny body, he was tough. His body held a collection of cuts, bruises and scars from numerous fights he had had in the past. Anyone looking at him funny was an immediate enemy. The most feared token on his body, was a cut on his cheek. Gained from being attacked by a man with knife, it was own fault by fighting with someone twice his size. Lawrence should've known better, but then, it was how most of his fights started.

From the start of high school, Lawrence was automatically the head wolf of the school. He was the alpha and everyone followed him and his ways. He had quickly built a school gang with all his 'friends', who were basically socially awkward people who didn't belong in any other cliques or clubs. Each member had their own personality that made people wonder how the group managed to stay together. But no one with messed with them, even if some of them were weak in a fight because they knew Lawrence would come to their defence like an enraged father.

Lawrence made sure to keep the group together at all times and under his watch. He constantly feared and worried, not that he'll ever admit to anyone, that the moment he turns his back on them, they too would disappear.

Growing up, Lawrence had a lonely childhood. He was an only child and his parents were never around, ever. Business trips and meetings over seas called them away from home. Lawrence hardly ever saw them because of this. The few times they did stay at home, they went to work super early and returned just as late, probably from work events and parties. They had little involvement with Lawrence, not bothering to take him to places. They left that to his chauffer and butler to take care of him.

Yes, his parents were also very wealthy and he was given everything on a silver platter from just the click of his fingers. Although to some this felt like it was a reward, he felt it was a burden. He never received that love that he often longed for and instead filled that space with anger and hatred. His few special memories did not revolve around his parents, but his butler and his new 'family'. Because of his past, he didn't want people to experience the loneliness that he did and thus created "The Cincos Amigos" who, with time, did become his family.

The group was bravely named by Lawrence himself. Lawrence was practically the Uno and the others followed.

Daniel was Dos, the second in command. Daniel was a deeply religious boy who always carried two things: a cross and a bible. His main religion was Christianity but he also liked to sometimes followed other religions as well, studying them intently. People often used to give him a hard time and classed him as being weird, especially since he liked to host his own confessionals in the playground but it mainly consisted of him chasing people around with a cross in his hand. This however all changed when he met Lawrence in Intermediate School. His life changed then. He was no longer teased for being weird and stayed to participate in his confessionals which he still carried through to today. Although Lawrence was always annoyed with his overly religious ways, Daniel was a good companion and he sort of had a soft spot for him which no one understood. Although his need to not cuss sometimes and get into fights did irritate Lawrence. He also hated his preaching of "No doing the s-e-x!" more. Which was usually directed at the younger 14 year olds.

Jesse was Tres. Third in command, he had known Lawrence since Primary. But they didn't become good friends until they reached High School. Jesse was a weird boy, in the way that people suspected he was in denial and had yet to 'come out of the closet'. Like Lawrence, he was a skinny boy but muscly from all the time spent in the gym. You would think he was one of those bad boy types much like Lawrence. But his interests said otherwise. Jesse was an avid fan of Justine Bieb, a small town Canadian girl who had become famous off of YouTube. She sang pop songs usually about love and was hated by all the boys, except Jesse. Jesse also loved 5 Directions, a girl group which consisted of five English girls with cute dimples and random hair, who also sang the same genre as Justine. He wasn't just a fan, he was obsessed! His room walls were covered with all these pictures of them especially including others and he always bought VIP passes to their concerts. He had all their CDs and would occasionally buy random mementos of them from EBay like an autograph or a shirt they threw into the bin. He never spoke of having a crush on any girl and there hasn't been one on record, so you can see why people assumed what they did. Despite his interests, Jesse was a quiet person who had a remarkable fashion sense, which all the girls loved but lost interest in him when they found out his interests.

Quatros was Khan. Not as important as Dos and Tres but he was still part of the group. He was one of the normal ones compared to others in the group. He was practically a mute, he never said anything to anyone and had a hard time communicating with people which was weird because his sisters had eccentric personalities and a strict "Proud to show skin" policy. Due to his introvert ways, Khan has little self-confidence and is self-conscious about everything he did. No one knows how Lawrence came to know Khan but people suspected that it was through Daniel, but then again Daniel was a saint.

And lastly there was Craig, he was the Cincos. The least important person in the group. No one knew how he got accepted in the gang either but they suspected he just tagged along with Khan considering they were in the same homegroup. Unlike Khan, Craig was a socialite, making friends left, right and centre. People wondered what he was doing amongst the socially awkward crowd but Craig would simply reply, "It's better than hanging out with rubbish like you." Craig also wasn't afraid to speak his mind which got him in trouble sometimes, especially with Lawrence. However recently Craig has started to change, he's become darker and after a few months Lawrence noticed to but kept this to himself rather than confronting Craig, which probably made it worse. That was the only small thing about Craig which was unsettling over the past few months, he still kept up the top grades and his social life.

Then there came Kabir, he had no place in the Cincos Amigos. Kabir came out nowhere, like a storm on a sunny day and no one anticipated what was to happen between him and Lawrence's 'family'.

So any first impressions? Who do you think you'll love, like or hate?

Remember to vote, comment and follow :3

(It's all very appreciated)

~Neha & Patrea