Chapter 1

"Good morning class," Mr. Parks said as he entered the classroom.

"Good morning Mr. Parks," the class choired.

"Turn your books to page__" was the last thing i heard before I dozed off into my own world, thinking of my past.  I was never loved and it started when I was really small. 

When I was about 5 I wasn't allowed to play with toys, I was told to sit and watch my 2 older brothers play.  When I started school my brothers weren't allowed to talk to me and because of my jet-black hair and chocolate brown eyes all the kids didn't like me.  When I turned 15 I was kicked out because my mom was having another baby boy. I didn't blame them thought, they didn't want any girl children and they needed the space for the baby, I was just taking up that space. I found an abandoned house not too far from school and I settled down there. 

I am now 21 years old, living in an apartment with which i pay off of my work money at Pete's Burger Place and attending Texas University on scholarship. That's the life of Skylar Dennis for you.

"Ms. Dennis are you listening to me?" Mr. Parks said snapping me out of my zone.

"Huh, Pardon," I replied.

"Did you hear your assignment?" he said.

"No, Sir, Sorry," I said sheepishly.

"Of course not," Mr. Parks mumbled under his breath. "I said that you will be writing a 12 page essay on 'Love' since our topic this term is Romeo and Juliet," he said before sitting in his black, computer chair.

I groaned mentally before gathering my stuff. When the bell rang I sprinted to my locker. I took out necessary books and turned back around to walk to Math but only found my shoulder hit a hard surface and my books falling to my feet. I quickly stooped down to pick them up only to come face to face with the most handsome guy I had ever laid eyes on. 

He had big, grey eyes that was just so adorable and his light brown hair fell right above his eyes, covering his forehead. He had high cheek bones and a muscular jaw line, his nose was perfectly straight and lips lips were plush pink and looked so soft. I shook my head from that thought.

Then i looked further down to see his long neck, muscular arms and strong chest. His abs showing a little from how his shirt rose from his shifting.

He then stood where I saw his long legs next. Then I stood up and blushed slightly when i realised i was staring.

"Sorry," i said before taking my books from his hand where our fingers brushed lightly and I jumped back from feeling electric bolts run through my body.

Sparks? I questioned myself before shaking my head and with a swift movement turned around to leave. But something stopped me before i got a chance to move my legs. I then felt the bolts again and realised that he was holding my arm. I turned back around to find him smiling down at me.

"Troy Baker," he said as he put his hand out for me to shake.

"Skylar Dennis," I replied a bit shaken that someone of his league  was talking to me, a 5 foot, 6 inches tall girl who wore baggy clothes and little to none make-up. 

I was sure that I was far from beautiful, pretty even. I shook his hand and it fit almost perfectly in his.

"Nice to meet you," he said with a smile that was 'to -die' for .

"Yea, you too"

"Where are you headed to?

"Uhm...Math."

"Nice. Me too. Mind if I walk with you? I'm new here, I don't know where i'm going." He then put his hands in his front pockets and started rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet.