Great day, right?

I woke up feeling completely refreshed and began getting myself ready for the day. After I got out of the shower, I threw on some clothes, lightly curled my long hair, and put a light layer of make-up on. 

I wanted to do something today. I wanted to walk around town and see what it was like.

Eventually, I decided to find a good bookstore in town and read for a bit in the park. After saying my ‘good mornings’, I told my family my plans for the day and I was on my way. I grabbed an apple and headed out the door.

The bookstore was a little far away, but not far enough that I needed to drive. Which was good because driving over here was backwards and I couldn’t do it even if I tried.

So I set off for my walk to town. It was a nice day out; I didn’t really mind the walk. Plus, it would give me some time to catch up on my music. I haven’t really gotten to listen to it much since I got here.

I plugged in my headphones and went crazy listening to some country. Yeah, I said country. I’m from Wisconsin people, what did you expect?

I loved my country music. Every song had a meaning, and every meaning was powerful. I admit, some of the songs were so emotional and meaningful you just had to cry, but then there were others that were so energetic you couldn’t help but dance along. The two moods complimented each other perfectly and made the whole genre fantastic.

But don’t get me wrong, I love all music. Country just reminded me of home, and I had a special place in my heart for it.

It's cheesy, I know, but I don't really care. It's true. 

‘Barefoot Blue jean Night’ by Jake Owen came on. One of my favorites!

'Never gunna grow up, never gunna slow down.

We were shining like lighters in the dark in the middle of a rock show.

We were doin’ it right.

We were coming alive.

Yeah caught up in a southern, summer, barefoot blue jean night.'

I knew every word to this song, and I gladly sang along even though people were staring at me as I walked down the sidewalk.

As long as I was having fun, other people's opinons didn't really matter to me.

I was practically dancing by the time I reached the bookstore.

My converse scuffed inside the quaint little store and started to browse the shelves. The place smelled like old books and dust; it was lovely. About 10 minutes or so later, I finally decided on a book and I made my way to the cashier to pay for it.

I left the store and began walking to the park across the street. It was quite picturesque if I do say so myself. Basically, the park was just a plain sidewalk encircling a large open space where kids played and couples romanced. It was all happening under the beautiful sunlight and faint breeze.

It took some scouting, but I finally found a nice park bench to sit on while I read my book. I moseyed on over and sat down, putting my bag by my side.

Taking out my phone, I  plugged my headphones in and pressed shuffle.

‘Same Night Sky’ by 2AM Club came on and I was in heaven. This was perfect: a new book, a beautiful day in Ireland, and a great song.

Everything was just--- OW!!

My thoughts were interrupted by a soccer ball hitting me in the head. The whole left side of my face was aching and I could feel my eye watering up from taking the impact from the ball. My hand reached up only to feel that my cheek was red hot. Ouch.