Chapter 18

Chapter 18

~Alyssa~

"The engine's failing," I said, grabbing a hold of the bags of weapon.

"What?" Jeremy said.

Ugh why did Dominic leave me to this? If we survive this, I'm so kicking him.

"The engine's failing, Jeremy. We need to get out. Now."

Once it hit them, they began moving. The helicopter shook again, sliding to the right, taking everyone with it.

"I can't hold it longer!" Dominic yelled.

I turned and my eyes caught his glance.

And then we dropped. The pressure pushed me to my knees and I felt my eyes getting watery.

I heard Ella let out a small scream. God, she must be freaking out. I looked at her, and saw Jeremy holding her hand, whispering things in her ears, trying to get to calm down. Ella wasn't easily calmed. There was only one person that could do that.

And that was Eric.

But my cousin was doing a good job of changing that.

I closed my eyes and waited.

Then we crashed.

The impact was quick.

I opened my eyes and saw smoke. I heard coughing, but I couldn't see. Then I noticed I was also coughing. I couldn't breathe: every breath I took filled my lungs with smoke. The helicopter was on fire. I couldn't get up, so I tried to crawl. I started coughing really hard, leaving a burning feeling in my throat. Tears started rolling out of my eyes. I couldn't move anymore, so I dropped onto my back.

I felt tired. All I wanted to do was sleep. Then I felt strong hands pick me up.

"It's OK, Alyssa, I got you. I wasn't going to leave you."

Jake?

"Hmm," was all that came out.

I felt him put me on the ground. I started breathing again, and I opened my eyes.

I coughed and tried to get up, looking around rapidly.

"Where's Dominic?" I said.

Jake passed his hand through my hair.

"Be careful-"

"Where's Dominic?" I repeated, my voice stronger.

He turned and I followed his gaze back to the helicopter.

The helicopter was on fire. But right in the pilot seat, I could see Dominic with his head against the door.

With his eyes closed.

"NO!" I yelled, stumbling to get up.

"Alyssa!" Jake said, but I was not listening.

I pushed past him and ran to the helicopter.

I opened the door and tried to control my tears.

Dominic had a huge cut across his forehead, blood falling from it. His arm had blood all over it and it didn't look like he was breathing.

No... He wasn't breathing!

"God, Dominic," I whispered.

I was about to get him out when I heard a voice behind me.

"You're gonna need help."

I turned and saw Jeremy. He had scratches on his cheek and neck. I let out a sigh, hugging him, never being so happy to see my cousin in my life. He hugged me back quickly and went over to Dominic.