The Spark

Niall’s POV

Jesus was it hard to find a parking place around here.

Whatever, let’s just get this over with.

I know that sounds rude but, I just can’t believe Gran made me come to this party. I mean, I know I don’t get to see her much but I don’t even know these people!

Whatever. There better be food here.

“Oh, there you are. Perfect timing, my dear. You’ve parked the car alright?”

“Yeah, it took me longer than I expected because the street’s practically overflowing with cars. Not many places to park.” I said to Gran as I walked up to the door.

A girl was standing next to Gran. I looked at her, and suddenly this night got a lot better. She was beautiful.

“This is your grandson??” The girl stammered out.

I laughed. The girl looked confused; it was kinda cute.

“Hi. I’m Niall Horan.” I introduced myself with a cheeky smile.

“Hey. I’m, uhhh... Erin. Erin Collins. Nice to meet you Niall.” Did she almost forget her name? I chuckled softly

“Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you Erin.” I said with a little bow that made her giggle. And I giggled too.

There was something about this girl. I don’t quite know what it is yet, but it was something. Something that made me want to get to know her better.

Erin’s POV

Alright now, let’s get this straight. I am not a fangirl, nor will I ever be one. But come on, it’s not every day an international celebrity walks through your door. Of course I was going to be a little star struck but in no way was I a fangirl.

I saw his eyes look me up and down as he passed through the doorway.

Did he just check me out?

I managed to spit a few words out while my mind was running a mile a minute, “This is your grandson?”

I was so confused. Hopefully it doesn’t show on my face.

Okay, Aunt and Uncle were friends with Niall Horan’s grandmother, and she decided to bring him to MY welcoming party.

Oh yeah. That sounds perfectly normal.

“Hi. I’m Niall Horan.” His introduction brought me out of my thoughts.

“Hey. I’m, uhhh...” WHAT IS MY NAME? Oh, right. “Erin. Erin Collins. Nice to meet you Niall.”

How could I almost forget my name?!

Damn. Now I seem like a fangirl.

 Freakin. Shweeet.

“Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you Erin.” Niall said with a very charming smile and a twinkle in his deep blue eyes.

I thought I was going to melt.

That is until…

“Food!”He obviously spotted the tables of munchies and I knew he was a goner.

Well, that was good while it lasted.

I’m going to find Jade. I need to tell her about this.

It didn’t take me long to find her. She was in the living room talking to a group of people.