Chapter 3

Author's Note: Hi! Okay please tell me Chapter 2 was not that bad.....I just got really angry at someone while writing it :) Hope you liked it :) Okay, now drum roll please.......get ready for CHAPTER 3!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'm such a loser, I know, I know. Anywho, just have fun reading :)

Chapter 3

I woke up with a throbbing headache and my eyes stinging. I sat upright and looked at my wall clock. It's still seven in the morning and I can't go back to sleep. I groaned and stood up.  

My graduation ceremony will still start at one in the afternoon and I still have a lot of time before my mind blowing speech. I already planned it out and it's a really short one but at least I can say farewell to my fellow batch mates. 

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. After that, I changed into my most comfortable clothes- sweats and a tank top. 

I don't know what else to do. I still feel empty inside from last night, so with that, I grabbed my favorite novel from my book rack and went to my most favorite place in this house, the library. 

I went down the elevator to the ground floor and walked towards the third set of doors to the left of the elevator. 

Our library is half the size a normal library would be. It's mostly filled with files and documents and just a handful of novels since nobody really uses this room except for company matters or when one of us wanted peace and quiet. 

I opened the door and went in. I spotted my favorite seat-a bean bag chair placed beside a window overlooking the garden-and smiled as I went near it. I told my parents to put it there since before I became popular in school, I was usually the one who mostly uses our library and read book after book after book. I know, nerd alert. But hey, it's the real me, so no judging. 

My main reason in coming here and read is to feel something because of the emptiness inside me. I know I'm not the only one when I say that, when I read, it's like I'm inside a different world, a world that the author created and the real world is like a billion light-years away. I'm in a world where I can feel what the main character is feeling. I even cry when there are really sad or heart breaking parts in the book. 

So I sat there and read my favorite novel, which is "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer, as the real world faded and I was brought in to the world that Stephanie Meyer created. 

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~ 

I didn't know that it was already ten in the morning until Mr. Black, our butler, went in and told me brunch is served. I nodded and said "thank you" in reply. I was almost done reading the book but I know my mom would kill me if I'll be late, so I inserted my bookmark on the page I was in and put the book down on top of the small coffee table in front of me. 

I stood up and walked towards the door. Once I was outside, I saw my sister come out of the elevator, yawning and rubbing her sleepy eyes as I joined her going to the dining room. 

"Morning sunshine." I greeted her and kissed her cheek. She smiled and replied. 

"Good morning sis. Why are you so up early in the morning?" She asked and my smile dropped a little. 

"I can't sleep after waking up from a nightmare." I explained to her, even when what I wanted to tell her was 'I can't sleep after last night's surprise' but I didn't want to worry her. 

"Oh." She said and her mouth formed into an "o" shape. She's so cute and fragile and I don't want to frighten her about reality. When I was six years old and she was born, I promised myself I would protect my little sister from anything that might harm her and I even made that promise in front of my parents which made them laugh and say that I would be a great big sister.