Chapter 9

*** my chapters are not edited so I'm sorry if there are mistakes***

~Brooke's POV~

I stare up at a furious Brandon and gulp. If looks could kill I would honestly be dead.

Without saying any words Brandon grabs my arm and literally drags me back in to his room. He throws me on his bed, none to gently if I might add, and glares at me.

"Brooke here's the thing. You can try to run away from me but you WILL NEVER LEAVE ME. I'm your mate and I don't plan on letting you go anytime soon," Brandon roars at me.

A shiver of fear runs through me and I just shake my head slightly. There was no point in arguing with him right now so I sigh in defeat.

His shoulders are tense and his hands are in fists at his sides. All I want to do is calm him down and maybe give him a massage an- ah stupid brain bad thoughts, I mentally scold myself.

Quickly, he turns around and opens his closet doors. He rummages through a bit before he throws a plain black t-shirt at me.

I can feel his gaze on me but I refuse to meet his eyes right now.

"Look at me," he demands.

"No thanks. I'd rather not look at your ugly face," I snarl at him. Ok that was a complete lie. His face was mighty fine but I was not going to tell him that.

In two quick strides he grabs my face and forces me to look him in the eye. "When I ask you to look at me you do it," he states sternly letting his alpha side seep through. "Your going to sleep here and I'm going to go take a shower. You can sleep in that shirt and do not and I repeat do not even try to escape."

I smile an innocent smile and bat my eyelashes sweetly. "Oh now I would never do that."

He scoffs at me. "Nice try but just so you know the door is locked, the windows are locked and there are guards stationed outside all of the exits."

Well shit.

I flop back on the bed and let out a breath of frustration. A smirk appears on his face and I just want to slap it off of him. He knows that he's won.

Brandon steps in his bathroom but before closing it sends me a suggestive wink. "You could join me if you want."

"Like hell I would," I reply under my breath but loud enough so he can hear.

"Your loss." With that he shuts the door.

He was so dang frustrating and annoying and possessive and.... sexy. I guess at one point in my life I would have loved a mate, but for sure not now.

Brandon was a player. You could tell by the way he walked, talked and looked. That's all he was, Brandon the player. He really didn't like me, he liked my body.

My thoughts were interrupted by the shower turning off and the door opening, revealing a very hot Brandon in nothing but a towel. He had drops of water running down his perfect abdomen and his towel was barely covering him. I could see his v line leading down to his you know what and I couldn't help but groan. Oh hot damn someone please let me have the power to resist him.

His signature smirk appeared revealing a dimple that I hadn't noticed before. "Enjoying the view," he teased.

"You wish." Even to me it didn't sound very convincing. Suddenly I remember that I still hadn't changed into his shirt. A wicked idea comes into my head and I slowly stand up. Two could play at this game.

I unzip my dress and slide out of it. His eyes, filled with lust and surprise, grow huge. "I bet your enjoying the view." I smirk at him but can't help but love that he's checking me out. I can tell that he's having a hard time resisting so I quickly throw on his shirt. I inhale his scent and a huge smile fills my face. Ahhhh he smells soooo good.

Brandon still shocked, slowly starts to come out of his daze. His eyes flash with anger and a low growl rumbles from his chest. "Don't tease me like that," he warns. "Because I won't be responsible for what happens."

"Then don't tease me," I snap right back at him. My eyes grow huge in realization to what I just said. I just admitted that I wanted him just as bad as he wanted me!

Desperatly, I think of something to say to change the subject. "Uh well I'm going to.. Um.. go to bed so... can you show me where I'm sleeping?"

Ignoring my question Brandon goes into his closet and comes back out wearing a pair of navy boxers. He points to his bed and I can see a mischevious glint in his golden eyes. "You'll be sleeping right there."

A wave of exhaustion hits me and I sigh. "Fine, but just so you know, no funny business because I'm exhausted." With that said, I launch myself in the air and land smack dab in the middle of the huge bed.

I can hear Brandon chuckling in the background but I just ignore him. Crawling over to the right side of the bed I slide under the soft, silk sheets. I close my eyes and await sleep to take over.

The bed dips and I know that Brandon just got into bed. He places his arm around me and pulls me close to his chest. Too tired to protest I snuggle into him and sleep takes over in seconds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slowly, I blink my eyes open. The sunlight streams through the window and I can tell that it's probably around eight in the morning. I try to swing my legs over the bed but am restricted by a very muscular arm. My gaze wanders over to Brandon and I can't help but notice how innocent he looks.

He has a slight smile on his full lips and his face looks like its stress free. I trail my hand lightly over his face, tracing around his perfect eyes, nose and lips. He shivers slightly and I lightly brush his dark brown hair away from his face.

I wish it were dfferent and I was able to be his mate but it was nearly impossible. I was never going to put someone I care about in danger and I knew that the wolf who killed my pack would be back. He was the type of person to never leave things unfinished.

Brandon pulls me closer to his chest and I can't help but smile. I suppose for now I could stay a little bit and see if I can win the bet and if Brandon could earn me.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice that Brandon had woken up and was staring at me intently. My eyes lock with his and I blush! I have never blushed in my life, yet this man made me blush.

"So how'd you sleep?" He questions happily.

"Alright," I reply nonchalantly. Hell, it was the best sleep I've ever had! "How did you sleep?"

A smirk stretches across his face. "Oh it was great, especially because you were next to me."

I chuckle and playfully swat his chest. "Go make me breakfast," I demand.

"Only if I get a kiss," he demands right back.

"Brandon you have got to earn me and my kisses."

"Broooooooke," he whines. "I'm going to earn you tonight and aren't I earning you by cooking you breakfast?"

"Tonight?"

"Yes, step one in my operation earn Brooke."

My stomach growls softly and I purse my lips. "Fine, but make it one good breakfast."

I lean in for a kiss and just as we're mere millimeters apart I pull away and kiss him on the cheek. Quickly, before he has time to react I jump off the bed and rush into the bathroom locking the door. I laugh like a mad woman and yell "You never said where I had to kiss you! Oh and when I'm done showering you better have my breakfast ready!"

************************

Sorry for the long wait. I'll try to update more frequently!

Thank you for all of the views, comments and VOTES!

I'm going to start shouting out random people who write nice comments and make my day because I think they deserve it (:

Love to all,

Madison