The Legend of Phoebe Summers

Just a random  story I came up with! ^ ^ I know I'm slacking, but.... Oh well! Actually, this is a story one of my freinds stepsisters told aboutt their house. I'm not used to writing in any person but first, so sorry if it's not very good. I practicly live for first person. And, finally, as always sorry for the spelling and grammar errors. Always. O.O Enjoy!

     She walked down the short, dimly light hallway towards her bedroom. The soft thud of  her falling feet were the only sounds that could really be heard. Now, far behind her, there was only  a faint tingle against her ear that signified the loud, blareing t.v. that her father had on. The smell of cheap beer and cigarets was still strong, however. She softly opened the door, and closed it quietly behind her. Flinging herself unto her bed, she took a deep breath. Her seven year old mind was weak and feeble, her body well out matched. She couldn't even cry, she was so afraid.

     Squeeking hinges made her head whip towards the door. Her mother was home. Crawing towards the ground, she took a pillow and some other things down below the bed. She had food, water, warmth, and entertainment. It wasn't enough. She wanted her mother. Sadly, her mother was busy talking to her dad. A man who practicly breathed evil. A man who would soon kill them. If not both of them, then her mother.

     Glass hit the ground. The shattering sound was horrible. A scream rang out, and a solid thud soon followed. "Pheobe." called the man. "Pheobe."

     She coward, her knees in her chest. Bursting off of the hinges,the door flew backwards. When she dared to peek, she saw him there. The man. No,the demon.

     He left, and she quietly pulled herself out. She walked into the kitchen, only to find her mother in a pool of blood.  She screamed, and felt cool metal slice into her skin, the taste of blood thick against her tounge. Swerving, her world grew hazey. Despratly, she tried to cling unto the only thread of life she had left. The phone.

     She felt herself shoved into the basement, and fell down the steps. She sobbed a little, and then felt the last thread of her life ebb away, and watch her mother get clumsily buried. With the last shovel full, Pheobe felt her breath grow faint,  and her heart played its last few beats.

     Pheobes father was never caught. He lived alone, playing the role of a sad widower who had lost everything that was dear to him. He was brutaly murdered while he was 66, and the irony was lost on him. Pheobes mom was transported to heaven, and Pheobe was stuck in the basement. Sometimes, people say that you can still feel her presens, and sometimes you can hear her call out "Mother! Mother!", or "Let me out!" Pheobes father, we can only hope, is being tourtured in the fiery pits of hell.

    Finally, some people say that if you stand in the middle of the living room, late at night, and yell out "Pheobe, I'm going to kill you!" her ghost will come to you.

     But be warned. She just may kill you.

     ~Wolf