Chapter 01

It was a normal day on October when Nari’s mom invited her to go somewhere. “Wouldn’t it be nice to enjoy this day by going somewhere?”

Nari prefers reading books than going out, so she refused the offer of her mother. “Thanks, but no. I’d rather stay here than to go outside, mom.” She smirked and went back from reading. She lied down again and then sighed heavily.

But her mom wasn’t that satisfied. So she pulled Nari off the couch and said, “Nope. You kid will be going with me, okay?” She ordered as she pushed Nari to the bathroom. “I’ll wait here ‘til you’re done. Make it up faster, Choi Nari.”

After several minutes, Nari went downstairs to see her mom. She was wearing her pair of blue denim pants and a simple white top. “Have you seen my black Vans, mom?” She asked her mom while she was struggling to find it on their shoe-cabinet.

“They were on the top, Nari.” Her mom told her.

“Oh yes,” Nari found it already. “Thanks, mom!”

Nari went straight to the front seat right after the driver’s seat of their car. “So where do you want to go?” Her mom asked her. But Nari’s eyes seemed to grow big when she saw her mother on the driver’s seat. Well, her mom doesn’t usually drive but when she does, it is a hell-ride.

“What?” Her mom eyed her skeptically. “I can manage this one, my daughter. I swear, we’ll get there alive.” Her mom just laughed and started the engine.

It was already four in the afternoon when they reached the mall. “That was still a hell-ride, mom.” Nari complained as she fixes her messy hair. She clipped her bangs and went outside their car.

“At least, we are still alive. That was my promise, right?” Her mom said.

Nari went straight to the nearest bookstore she can see in the mall. She pulled her mom to tell her to buy those books she wanted for her. Books, those are just Nari’s weaknesses. “Mom, can you buy this for me?” She pointed a book. “But mom, I’ll be the happiest kid if you’ll buy me this too.” She flashed her mom her puppy eyes as she pointed another book.

“Okay, I’ll buy you that. Just tell me who your boyfriend is.” Her mom teased. But Nari’s eyebrows furrowed when she heard her mom and yelled, “Mom! Why are you like that? I don’t have one. I don’t care about the boys in our school. They’re all the same.”

Her mom burst in laughter, “Why are you so defensive, Nari? I’m just joking.” But in the end, no matter how her mom bothered her, she will always buy the books that Nari wants.

“Thank you mom!” Nari flashed an ear to ear grin to her mom. She acts like a child who got her first toy.

“Since I bought you that book you love the most, you need to go with me at the grocery store.” Nari’s mom told her. But the biggest smile on Nari’s face faded when she heard her mom said those words. Nari hates going to the grocery. She finds it boring. “Disagreeing is a ‘no-no’, honey.” Her mom said.

Since Nari has no more choices, she got to follow her mom to the Grocery’s entrance. Her mom ordered her to get the cart for them. “I’ll just go to the dairy section, follow me, okay?” Her mom said.

As Nari pushes the cart, she observes the market too. “Well, I hope not to see anybody from my school.” She whispered to herself. There was much stuff in the market that got her attention.

“I never thought that going to the market is kind of fun.”  She said while she was exploring the ‘Sala-stuff-thingy’ area.

“I’m such a weirdo. It’s like this is my first time going to the market.” She giggled furtively as she squeezed the pillow on the sofa where she was sitting. But in the middle of her giggles she realized something, “Where the heck is my mom?”

She panicked a little. She immediately stood up from the sofa she was seated and began walking around. She was poker facing outside but she was really going insane inside. “Stay cool, Nari. You’ll find mom.” She whispered to herself.

She almost toured around the market just to find her mom but in several minutes, she happened to see a lady in Blue top and in pair of black skinny jeans. She quickly ran to her mom but she did it calmly. She was trying to act normal when her mom saw her, “Oh you’re here, Nari. Where have you been?”

Nari was kind of sweating when her mom asked her. “U-uhh me? Um, I just toured around the market, mom.” She answered her mom while her voice where slightly shaking.

“Can we just go home immediately after this, mom?” She asked.

“Sure. I’m thinking about it too. But, know the price of this first,” Her mom handed her a bottle of Olive oil “Just check the price of it there. I’ll follow after; I just need to get something.” Her mom motioned her to go to the nearest price detector near them.

Without hesitating, Nari went straight to the price detector to know the price of the Bottled Olive oil. Nari’s eyebrows raised when she saw the price. It wasn’t bad though. “Mom, it costs 99.00 Php, Mom.” She said.

“Mom.” She repeated as she turned to her left. But in her surprise, she didn’t see her mom but a young man. A young man who happens to be her schoolmate was the one standing on her left and not her mom.

“Mom?” the young man repeated while he was slightly giggling. Nari just twitched her eyebrows and left the guy. As Nari left him, the young man was eyeing her and then he just smirked.

Nari found her mom on the cashier; she was waiting for her and the bottle of olive oil. She hastily hand her mom the bottle of olive oil and said, “I’ll just wait there, mom.”

As Nari turned around she was so flabbergasted to see the young man again. “Oh it’s him again.” She whispered to herself as she averted the stares of him.

As Nari can remember, that young man belongs to the A-Class of their Senior year. Who could not know him? He’s the ever charming Cho Kyuhyun of their school. But since Nari has no interest in him, she wasn’t so sure if that was really Kyuhyun. “Was that really Senior Kyuhyun?” She asked herself as she went back to her mom again.

“Why are you here again?” Her mom asked. She just shook her head to reply a ‘nothing’ to her mom.

Nari was really bothered about the scene earlier. “That was too embarrassing.” She said. And now, Kyuhyun and his father were next to them in line. She got trapped, she thought. Because if she will leave the line, she will be crossing to Kyuhyun’s, which she thinks an awkward thing.  

Finally, it was their turn already. She hastily ran towards near the exit of the grocery to avoid Kyuhyun. It’s not about she has something about Kyuhyun but Nari isn’t just comfortable to be seen by her schoolmates outside school. Besides, she really feels embarrass about what happed earlier between her and Kyuhyun.

Nari took a chance to see Kyuhyun on their line but she found no Kyuhyun there. But someone tapped her shoulder and she was so shock to see him.

“Hi!” Kyuhyun greeted. “You’re from an A-Class too right? Junior level?” He asked.

Nari just nodded and she tried to avert his gazes. She saw her mom coming so she hurriedly walked towards her mom to avoid Kyuhyun.

“Is he your friend?” Her mom asked.

“N-nope. I don’t even know that guy, mom.”

“But he looks cute. You look cute together.” Her mom teased. But Nari furrowed her eyebrows and she was really pissed off by the looks of her burning eyes.

They walked as they carry their bags but before they could leave, Nari tried to check Kyuhyun. She turned around and she found Kyuhyun was still eyeing her. “What the heck is his problem?” She whispered to herself but Nari couldn’t lie that her heart skipped a beat when saw Kyuhyun staring at her.

Kyuhyun flashed her his sunny smile and then he waved to say good bye but Nari just ignored it.

A/N: I hope you liked it. Thank you so much! :)