The Rescue

Akira’s POV

It was the second night since I was taken, tomorrow I would be executed. Father had finally come back and let us out of the chains but the guards stopped us from leaving, so we’ve spent the past day playing games and just catching up. Apparently my brother liked some girl but she was in an arranged marriage with some noble. I don’t think he’s realized his own rank yet as the leader’s son but he’ll figure it out eventually and maybe talk to the girl for once.

“Hey, Ra?” Atticus asked.

“Yeah?”

“You seem so calm even with the…with the sacrifice thing. How can you be so sure that your friends can even get here in time?”

“Simple.” I said gaining a confused ‘huh?’ from my brother. “Well, first off Pakkun disappeared a little after arriving which means Kakashi knows where I am and that I’m in trouble. Secondly, if word got around fast enough my friend Naruto will be on the search team and yes that makes a big difference. Don’t ask me why it just will. They’ll probably be here tonight.”

“You’re kidding me right? They left the day you were taken but it would still take them at least 4 days if not the full five it usually takes. I’m sorry but it’s impossible even if the love of your life is on the team.”

“He’s not the love of my life! Who says that anymore!? When did I –“

“Tut, tut little sis, it’s pretty obvious. Whenever you smile the most is when he’s mentioned, even now your eyes are shining with a little more hope than usual. So, how much faith do you have in this kid?”

“A lot. He’ll save us.” I said daring him to say otherwise.

“You mean save you.” He smiled.

Third person POV

“How could you do this to me? Locking me in my room like a child. What did I do to deserve this embarrassment?”

“You went against your own son with a bar. You hurt him, you used to only hurt me or Akira-“

“Never say that demons name in my presence!”

“Akira! Akira! Her name is Akira and she is your daughter! Did you know that through all those years that you’ve beat her, ridiculed and tortured her that she’s has never once hated you! Did you know that!? No, because you do anything but pay attention to her! Every year on her birthday she’d be beat by everyone within range. Each year I expected her to retaliate and each year she just accepts it as a part of her life. We locked her up, I locked her up…I wanted her to hate me, so I could find a reason for what I was doing. Even when I went to remove the chains she looked at me with curious eyes not

glaring, not sad just curious and innocent. Atticus on the other hand, the pride and joy of the family, the one we cared and doted on the most, he glared at me. He snarled and threatened me to let Akira go. Even went so far as to pretend to be the sacrifice.”