3 : Paparazzi

Thank you for reading x

Chapter Three: Paparazzi

The flashing lights were blinding. How any celebrity handled it was bewildering. 

They snapped pictures endlessly, calling out random things to the boys, but they were drowned out by the screams of the fans. 

My mind was in a boggle. I didn't know what it meant for me or for them to now have the attention of the people who only wanted a good story. It mattered not whose life they ruined in the process. 

"I'm kind of curious as to what caption these tabloids are going to come up with for these pictures," Liam said. 

Louis laughed. "Probably that we hijacked a jewelry store at the mall."

"Or some poor lowly girl," I quipped.

The room fell into silence at my words. I glanced at the five boys to notice the amused expressions on their faces. Louis pointed to me approvingly. "I like that one better."

Niall nodded. "What a scandal."

I snorted while recalling the headline I read on the magazine I picked up before this unfortunate event. "Not as much as the one about Harry's supposed mystery girl."

"It was just brunch!" Harry proclaimed. 

I shrugged and shook my head, feigning seriousness. "Has scandal written all over it."

My eyes met that of the curly-haired boy as he laughed at my words. His eyes brightened before they shut closed while he threw his head back. His laughter was contagious and was cause for the smile now threatening to befall me.

"One wrong move and they'll make Ella out to be the mystery girl," Zayn told us.

The boys nodded in agreement while I stared at each of them stunned, mouth agape. I couldn't tell if they were joking or not. Rest assured, the last thing I needed was anyone thinking I was dating Harry.

"Mate, if he breathes the wrong way in the presence of another girl, they'll think he's dating her," Louis turned to Harry, "get it under control!"

All eyes drifted to Harry. I studied him long enough to realize the rise and fall of his chest disappeared. His face slowly began to go red before he caved and shrugged. "I've got no control."

"You're weak, man," Louis teased. "Need t'eat more carrots."

I- what? 

My eyebrows furrowed for what felt like the hundredth time at his words. 

What does carrots have to do with anything? 

"You know, I am a little hungry," Niall complained, rubbing his belly.

Harry laughed, shaking his head in disapproval at his bandmate. "You're always bloody hungry."

"Well, I can't help it," his smile faltered, "what's wrong with me?" The blonde pretended to cry. I watched as the others pulled him into a group hug, comforting him.

I squinted my eyes at them and watched as they started to hit each other playfully. Louis ran his fingers through Harry's curly locks and in a blink of an eye, Louis aimed for his crotch, making the poor boy hit the ground.

"Ow! Why d-did you do that?" Harry cupped the area.

I couldn't help but laugh at their actions. Despite being in the public eye, they were regular, silly boys. They completely ignored the paparazzi's existence, while I couldn't stop glancing their way once in a while.