Chapter 3

Chapter 3

                                                           Astra

That night, I was flipping burgers while the rest of my classmates were enjoying the football game.

At least I can see the scoreboard, I thought miserably as I handed a container of fries to the customer. "Enjoy," I said monotonously, readying myself for the next person in line. "How may I help -" I froze when Jacob stepped up with a few other guys, flashing me a brilliant smile made me weak at the knees, but in all the wrong ways.

"Hey Astra," he greeted. "You look cute in that apron."

"Um.. thanks," I replied, nervously fiddling with my hair. "So, what can I get you?"

"I think we'll take some nachos, two large sodas, and a meeting with you during halftime. That sound good boys?" His friends nodded in agreement, and Jacob smirked at me. "What do you say Ash? I want to talk to you..."

'T-talk to me?" I stammered, not knowing what to make of that.

"Yeah," he shrugged. "I want to talk about... you know... us."

"Us?" My surprise was evident.

"Mhm," he murmured, leaning closer to me. "Us." His cool breath washed over my face, taking over my senses and clouding my thoughts. "Me, and you."

"S-sure," I agreed, my hands shaking. "Where? Where should I meet you? In the parking lot? Or... or..."

"No, that won't do," he mussed. "I know, how 'bout at the edge of the woods, just past the football field?"

"The woods?" My voice went up an octave. "But it's so dark and-" He moved so quickly that I  couldn't track the movement, and I jumped when his hand cupped my cheek.

"I just... want us to have privacy. You know what I mean?" I nodded frantically, not wanting him to change his mind. Not when I'd waited so long for him to notice me.

"Okay," I said finally. "I'll meet you right when my shift is over."

A grin stretched across his handsome face. "Perfect." Then he collected his food items and walked away. If I'd been paying close attention, I'd have realized that he didn't pay for his food. If I had been thinking straight, it would have registered in my mind that his eyes, instead of being their normal dark brown, they were black... 

And maybe I wouldn't have had my entire world flipped upside-down. 

-------------------------------

Super-short, filler chapter. Comment and vote! What do you think of Jacob?? Gaidrian? Astra?