Burned

"SHIT!!! SHITGODDAMN!!" 

Really??!!?? Was that COMPLETELY necessary??!!?? I scream to whatever god has their ears open. As I clutch my scorched hand while trying not to press my now soaked shirt any closer to my burning flesh, I open my eyes and glare at the blind douchebag who couldn't watch where he was going. He's standing in front of me, looking slightly panicked, apologizing and trying to wipe my clothes dry with his scarf as I try to calm down. 

"I am SO sorry." "Ya. I heard you the first ten times." I snarl through my teeth. I turn around and head back to the store, stop, and turn back to Tall, Blind, and Clumsy. "Can you spot me three dollars?" "Excuse me?" "You heard me. They aren't going to let me use the washrooms unless I buy something. So can you give me three dollars." He looks unsure for a moment, then reaches into his trench coat -Dude is ACTUALLY wearing a TRENCH COAT. Cool. - and pulls out some change, handing it to me. I turn back around and storm off, muttering under my breath, thanking the Fates that I brought a spare change of clothes. Ya. This isn't the first time I got obsurdly hot beverages - or anything for that matter - spilled all over me. 

~~~

After I've cleaned up to the best of my ability, changed, and bandaged my injured hand -sadly, I burn easily. Sucks balls. - I leave the rest room only to find Clumsy waiting outside. He doesn't notice me, so I take this chance to fully take him in: Dark, shaggy hair, straight nose, a few freckles, high cheek bones, long fingers. I wonder if he plays the piano. Where the Hells did that come from, I think to myself. Shaking my head, I keep walking towards the counter to give the clirk back his key. Clumsy finally sees me, and he rushes over. "Are you ok?" Deep rumbling voice. Dark eyes. I have don't know what color they are yet; the lighting sucks in this place. He sees my bandaged hand, and completely freaks. "Should I take you to the hospital?" "I'm fine. DUDE seriously. I'm fine. Second degree burn. I got it handled." He steps back, a relieved look on his face, and I take the opportunity to slip passed him and out of the building. 

"HEY!! WAIT!!" I groan inwardly. Okay, maybe he isn't such a douchebag after all. At least he's concerned. I turn around to face him. He stops a few feet away. I tilt my head to the side, wondering what this guys deal is. "What?" "I didn't catch your name." "That could be because I never gave it." I chuckle, and he awards me with half a smile. "I'm Reed Michaels." "Cool." Then I smile, turn around and keep walking. It takes him two, maybe three seconds to catch up, and stop me by stepping in front of me. "Now is where you give me your name." "You Brits sure are presistant aren't you." He smiles again, and I find myself smiling in return. Laena. Laena Hunt." I reach over and grab his left hand with my right, shake it firmly, and walk away, a grin spreading across my face. Not bad. Not bad at all.