Enter - Haruhi!

Chapter 4

Enter - Haruhi!

Yuki fluttered her eyes open before jumping out of bed and getting herself ready for school. She was once again, glad that she didn't need to wear the uncomfortable girls uniform - it would make her commute to school rather irritating. She didn't have the luxury of being chauffeured to school like most kids. Instead, she walked to school which was about an hour's walk away. It was as easy as breathing for her.

Once she was ready to leave she promptly collected her things and headed to the huge wooden entrance of her home. Just as she closed the gates behind her, she heard a car pull up next to her like it did the previous day. The car door clicked open and the door slowly opened to reveal its passenger. 

"YUKI!!! Hop in!" an enthusiastic Tamaki shouted out to her.

"Um Senpai... I'd like to walk to school today. You know, so I don't get glances in the hallways from everyone." Yuki explained with a sigh.

"Nonsense. You're a host! Being the centre of attention is what we do!" he argued, completely dismissing her argument.

"Well, you'd feel different about the situation if you were a girl." Yuki retorted, feeling slightly irritated at his inconsideration.  

A girl version of Tamaki popped into Yuki's head. She imagined Sailor Moon with Tamaki's face. A shiver went down her spine. That would be a nightmare.  

Yuki turned away from Tamaki and began walking ahead of the car.

"NO! My daughter! Why must you torture yourself in such a way!" he wept with elephant tears while the car followed her at a snail's pace.

"Uhhh... Exercise?" Yuki replied as she sped up to a speed walk.

"No! Daddy won't allow it! From now on, I will take you to school everyday! That's the fatherly thing to do!" he claimed. Yuki wondered if he thought she was still in elementary school and needed to be babied.

"But-" she protested. "No buts!" he countered firmly. Yuki gave in, realising that he would not budge at all. 

"Fine." she said with a small pout. "Good girl! Listen to your daddy~!" Tamaki cooed as if he were talking to an infant. The trip to school was simliar to the day before - a chattering Tamaki and a silent Yuki. 

Upon arriving in her classroom, Yuki headed straight to the back of the class in an effort to be left alone for once. Unfortunately for her, the twins spotted her straight away and sat on the seats adjacent to her. They stared at her intently from her left and her right, making her feel extremely uncomfortable.

"What is it?" she asked. "Do I have something on my face?"

"We were just wondering..." Hikaru started. "What you would look like if you were more feminine." Kaoru finished. "You look nice with long hair," Hikaru complemented. "And your eyes are a pretty olive colour." Kaoru said as he looked into her eyes. Yuki turned a few shades of red before she broke the eye contact. The staring was a little too intense for her. 

"Umm... Thanks..." she mumbled as she looked down at her twiddling fingers.

"Awwww.... No wonder why you're the Shy type! Blushing from simple compliments like that!" they teased as they pinched both her cheeks.

|~|~|~| At the Host Club |~|~|~|

"Ok is everyone here? Can everyone hear me?" Tamaki said as he posed dramatically.

"Of course we can hear you, we aren't deaf." the twins drawled in perfect unison.

"Okay! Since Yuki is new to the Host Club, she will need to practice saying 'Welcome' in unison with us!" Tamaki declared as if he were passing a new law that everyone was to obey.