World War ll London Blitz Diary Volume 4

Death at Her Door the Chains of Chauvinism Inside,

She never knew if this was to be her last day. Would her home still be standing tomorrow? She hoped for a love that was gentle and kind and was shackled by the chains of a world of male chauvinism. On top of all of this there were the "normal" day to day trials of the comings and goings of people in her life that Ruby really did not want to deal with. What is this Nuns at the front door? This would be difficult enough to deal with but Ruby wanted to be more than the keeper of the house. She wanted to be an author. Well, bravo Ruby you were one great author.

I have read all of the volumes over a period of time, a marathon of sorts. I suggest this is how you best get the uncertain feeling of life during the Blitz. Imagine five years of enduring the uncertainty of life in a world of constant bombing. You will get a glimpse of what this life was like thru the thoughts and words of Ruby Side Thompson. She is educated, well read, and way ahead of her time in her views on men, war, and religion. This is not a novel with a plot, middle, and ending it is a view into the mind and soul of a wonderful woman who endures much and speaks little of her struggles to anyone.

I always derive inspiration from the true strength of women. Ruby Side Thompson is an inspiration. She is a testament to the strength and endurance of the female spirit. These diaries are a great window to how woman think and how far they have come over the past 60 years. BRAVO RUBY!!!

https://gumroad.com/londonblitzdiarys