Chapter 3 - Coronation day

A servant went and knocked on the princess’s door.

“Princess Anna?” he spoke.

“Uh, yeah?” She mumbled as she sat up.

“Are you awake?”

“Awake? I’ve been up for hour hours…” she reported while falling asleep. “What!?” she exclaimed waking up again.

“It’s coronation day, your majesty.” Anna wiped the drool from her mouth and looked at the corner. A green ball gown was laid out for her.

“Coronation day.” she mumbled falling back asleep. “It’s coronation day! I gotta get ready!” The girl sprang up from her bed and ran to the bathroom. She took one glance in the mirror. Yicks! I’ve got work to do, she thought. Within an hour she was ready.

Elsa woke up feeling un easy. It was the day she’d be crowned queen. She got up, slid on her gloves and got ready for the celebration. Later she was waiting in a room that she would practice canceling her powers. During the ceremony she wouldn’t be able to wear the gloves.

She walked over to the window and looked out. Thousands of people were waiting for the gates to be opened. She took a deep breath and sang a little tone to calm herself.

Don’t let them in

Don’t let them see

Be the good girl you always have to be

Conceal, don’t feel

Put on a show

Make one wrong move and every one will know

But it’s only for today

It’s agony to wait”

She faced the portrait of her father being crowned king. I have to do this for him. For mom. For Anna.

“That was beautiful. I didn’t know you could sing.” A familiar voice said. Elsa turned around to see her old friend, Jack Frost.

“Jack.” She smiled a little. It felt strange considering she didn’t smile often. “Jack.” she said again.

“Elsa.” he replied.

“It’s so good to see you. I’ve missed you.” She ran up and hugged him. He hugged back.  When they broke apart he asked a question Elsa had no idea to answer.

“So, how's Anna?”

“I-I don’t know. We don’t talk much.”

“Still afraid you going to hurt her?” Elsa nodded.

“Elsa, there’s nothing to be afraid of.”

“You don’t know what it’s like to hurt the ones you love, Jack.” He sighed in defeat.

“I don’t know, but I do know it’s not good to shut out family.” Elsa was about to reply when she heard the clock. It was noon. The ceremony started in an hour.

“I gotta go.”  Elsa ran to the door.

“Tell the guard to open up the gates.” she sang once again. She walked back into the room. She was expecting Jack to be there, but he had disappeared. She turned back around and started walking toward the balcony.

"Don’t let them in

Don’t let them see

Be the good girl you always had to be

Conceal, conceal don’t feel

Don’t let them know"

She was now standing out on the balcony. She turned her head to the left and sw Jack Frost. She smiled and smiled back. They didn’t speak, but it was good that Elsa wasn’t alone for the next hour. She was told to stand out here until the ceremony began. Both Jack and Elsa were bored out of their mind. All they could do was stand and watch everyone talk. After what seemed forever ceremony began.