Chapter 1

HEY GUYS!!! I've touched every topic I could think of besides these two, the first one is quite obvious in this chapter, the next you will find out on the next chapter. I'd just like to ask y'all for a favor, I decided not to make a title pic, I'm wondering if any of you could maybe make one? Just asking. Oh and the ones that I don't use will be shown on the side... So, ENJOY :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My head hurt from yesterday, I moaned. The day had to go on, even if I wasn’t in it. Too bad I had to be in it.

“Get you’re lazy butt out of bed sis.” My little brother, named Beth, smiled up at me. He was so bossy; it’s amazing he’s only a child.

“If it’s mother’s wish, than I believe I must.” I said sitting up. My bed was not the most comfortable bed in the world. I still can’t believe mother would buy such a bed just for style, and it wasn’t even my style!

“Darling, don’t forget we have fencing classes in a few minutes!” I heard mother call out.

“Thank you for the reminder!” I said thanking her. I almost forgot about fencing! I quickly pushed my brother out of my room; locking the door once he was finally out. I took off my sleeping gown and put on my corset. Oh how I hated that thing. It always tried to choke me. Next I put on my fencing shirt, and pants. Fencing was the only thing that allowed me to wear pants instead of those cursed dresses. I put on my gear and my shoes. By eight O’clock I was ready to go.

“Oh dear, don’t forget the breakfast.” Mother called out to me. Mother was so strong, even though her appearance may look otherwise. She was strong from skin to bone. Her muscles were as big as they could get, yet long sleeves hid them. She cooked, she cleaned, and she worked and worked. Of course we always tried to help her out, but she would always make us study instead. She had long gorgeous black hair, always tied in a neat bun at the back of her head. She was 5’5 and skinny. She ate, a lot, yet she was always skinny, the healthy type at least.

I ate my breakfast slowly, savoring the taste before heading out for my daily lessons. “Thank you mother.” I smiled at her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. She simply smiled with delight.

Fencing is for men; it always has been and most likely always will. I’m the only girl there. If only girls would have more interests in sports rather than to sit all day acting gentle and weak, then maybe fencing would become a sport all people, girls and boys both, could play. It was a miracle I made it in the academy; I got in mostly because of my father’s teachings, that and the fact that I am very athletic for most women and men.

“You’re early.” The grand master complained. I called him the grand master because I also have an interest in martial arts.

“I’m sorry?” I asked confused. Why would he complain when someone is early, it’s usually the other way around.

“You’re always here early. And you always offer to land me a hand with the dojo. And you always do.” He said once more complaining. Shaking his head sideways. Why would he complain about receiving help? Men are so complicated. “Well today you are not helping me, today you will receive extra classes.” He finished with a grin.

“As you wish grand master.” I said also grinning. I got into my special fencing stance. I developed this stance myself; most fencers do that although it is more common to use the normal stance.

“Today we will be learning about surroundings. Instead of using the dojo, we will use the garden outside.” He instructed. “Fighting inside a dojo is easy, there are rules to follow, the ground is smooth and there is a limit to the space that is provided to you. However, outside is another story. There are no rules, there are no limits and there are no smooth floors. Outside is a place where it’s life or death. Only the strong survive outside.” This gave me shivers. “As my best student, I believe you will come to learn the rules outside quickly. But I would like for you to spare more time for practice.” I felt honored by his words. “I would also like to hire you as a instructor for younger students.” I smiled; he was offering me a job? “I’m sure we can work out the time.” He said. “Follow me.”  He instructed as he headed out of the dojo and into his garden. The garden was big and it was Japanese styled. There was a tile pathway on the floor leading into a bamboo forest. There were purple tulips on the side of the tile pathway.