Prologue

Prologue

I hugged her tight. So tight that I knew she's having a hard time breathing. The girl of my dreams, who I loved for so long, is right before my eyes, hugging me back, thankful for the love I gave her.

She returned my love with hers. Yet that alone can't be enough for us to be together. We're parting ways, she's going to live her life, and I'm going to live mine too.

Our worlds were too much far apart.

The pain of this parting was so much; my chest feels like it has a spear pierced into it. It hurts much more than the physical battering I take almost every day. Tears were welling up in my eyes. It's already night and we were at the school, a few minutes after we became alumni.

We were at a corner outside the school square, hidden from human sight. Her face, as if inherited from a goddess, was on my shoulder. Even though I can't see her, I knew she was crying, because I hear her quiet sobs and feel her tears soaking through my uniform.

"I love you" I whispered into her ear.

And her sobs became more frequent. She hugged me a little more. And managed to blurt out "I love you too" with her hoarse voice. After that, she began to wail a little bit, maybe because of the gloomy atmosphere and the fact that we probably won't see each other anymore. I have my own things to take care of and she has hers. She's a model waiting for her big break, and I'm just a guy charging towards his death.

The both of us have been through a lot. Mostly, she doesn't know much of my secret life. On the other hand, I know a lot of things about her, except her deepest secrets and other personalities. I love talking to her, being with her, and loving her.

She's a cute girl, her height a few inches below mine. She had long hair, long enough to reach her somewhat flat chests. Her skin was pale white, which is mostly her asset, along with her innocent eyes and perfect nose.

Her lips were pink and her smile is something to die for. Her voice is of an angel's. She's great at singing but high notes are a bit hard for her. But now, those eyes of hers are red and closed because of all the tears and her angelic voice can only bring out sobs and grief.

Our love story looks like it was already ending. We had our share of laughs, tears and sweat. We gave each other the best gifts we could give, the memories of us together. Personally, I loved these memories, and I promise to cherish them my whole life. But now, we have to part ways and give chance to new ones.

My heart's exploding from all these feelings, I don't want to let her go. But if we are fated to live for the rest of our lives, surely, we'll meet again, no matter what the circumstances are.

I moved myself back. My hands were still clung together behind her. I looked her crying face. Her eyes were closed and were slightly swollen. Tears were still rolling down her cheeks.

It was heart-wrenching to see her like this. My heart's melting because this is a state I don't want her to become. My tears are starting to well up too. But I've got to swallow the sadness and take it like a man. Crying won't do me much good. All the times we've been together. The memories made. The air we shared together. The sweat we brushed off together. The laughs and the tears.

Her parents were on the other side of the building, waiting for her, probably looking for her right now. This chance, this instant we're together, this is a certain timeframe we only borrowed for each other, it's never for us. I knew this chance will never be here again. This moment will never last, nor will it come back. I had to make the most out of it.

But this was as good as it gets. I looked at her again; her cries were a lot less violent right now, as she was looking at me with those cute, yet red eyes. But before anything else, this is just the intro to my story.

I can't go to the juicy parts already. I can only give you foreshadowing and those whatnot.

This is the best I could do.

This is my story.