Prologue

"Welcome! Welcome! The twenty of you have been selected to go through some trials, in the name of technological science. Here are the rules: There are none, except... only one of you will make it out alive. There are no exceptions. Teams are fine."

Tears started wheling up in my eyes. Oh god... No one was expecting this. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see Rose. "You okay John?" She asked.

I shook my head. How could I be okay? This is where it all ends. My biggest fear is suddenly realized, and I start hyperventilating. Scratch spoke up again. "I will be hiding supplies in certain places. I will give no clues as to where they are. You will all have your strife specibi with you. You will walk these halls until only one of you remains. The winner gets only one thing: survival. Good luck, friends!" His voice wasn't there anymore.

"Oh my god..." I croaked. I fell to my knees and started sobbing. This isn't happening. No. It can't be happening! Rose, Dave, Jade and Dirk all came over to comfort me. Equius had an arm wrapped protectivly around Nepeta, while Karkat was holding the hands of Terezi and Kanaya. Eridan and Feferi were in each other's arms. Gamzee had an arm around Tavros. Vriska stood alone. Aradia and Sollux were holding hands tightly, glancing around, not knowing what to do.

After about ten minutes, I started to calm down a little. Rest assured, I would not be making it out of this alive. I wouldn't be able to live without my friends anyway. I wiped my tears away and turned around, giving Dave a giant hug. Afterwards, we all just kinda looked at each other. "...We need to figure out who's going to make it out of here..." Rose brought up.

"Not me." I immediatly said. "I won't allow it."

Vriska spoke up. "Come on! You guys are such loooooooosers! Obviously, I'm going to make it out of here alive! I'll go through all of you to do it, too."

"No one's motherfuckin surprised, sister." Gamzee growled, tightening his grip on Tavros.

The intercom suddenly turned on again. "...I've had a sudden change of heart. Two people will make it out alive. Have fun!~"

Everyone was suddenly a little more confident. Gamzee got his clubs out and stood protectivly in from of Tavros. Nepeta unsheathed her claws, and Karkat drew his sickle. Dave grabbed me and ran, taking me out the door. "Dave!" I shouted at him to try and get him to stop. He kept running for about a minute before stopping, panting heavily.

"You listen to me, Egbert. We are going to make it out of this shit alive, do you understand me? I will not let us die." He promised, gripping my shoulders. 

I shook my head, tears spilling onto my cheeks. "Dave I can't... I won't." I growled back at him. 

"You have to. Get ahold of yourself John! Everyone else is going to off each other. We can wait out the storm. We'll live, and we'll forget about all of this." Dave's hysteria was as bad as mine, he just did a good job of hiding it. 

I chuckled. "Dave you don't understand. Wh-What about Karkat? Jade, Rose? Fuckin'... your brother?!" My voice rose. "What about them?! I can't live without them, Dave..." I shook my head and gripped is shirt, leaving tears stains there. 

He wrapped his arms around me in a big hug. "We're just going to have to. Neither of us is going to kill anyone. We're just going to wait it out. I swear to you, if you let us win, and we live... I'll make it worth your while every moment of your life."

I shook my head again. "Nothing is worth the cost of losing all of your friends, Dave. Nothing."

WELL. THAT HAPPENED XD

Im so sorry in advance, this is going to just be a shitload of emotional teenage train wrecks. ;-;

I'm going to make myself cry before this is over. Bye guys, love you.

~Goldenpaw