01:00 am

A/N

So After reading 'twenty One Letters to Niall, (by the way, huge fan!) I am now trying to stick writing in the first person! Niall's PoV to be precise!

So there I was. On the simple verge of going to sleep when a feeling of sheer coldness ran through my entire body. Ice cubes to be precise. I can't sleep anymore so I resulted to one thing and one thing only: call my mum. Luckily they're on a vacation in LA with Greg so I guess they're all still awake.

"Greg! Hey! How's everyone there?" I really don't know why I'm skyping them.

"Hey Niall! Oh Theo, say hello to your uncle!" I spotted little Theo at the back playing with the same train set I had back when I was around seven. He's so cute.

"Hi. Uncle. Niall!" His words were still broken but it was understandable and to have spoken in the age of two amazes me.

"Aww, how's mum and dad there? Can I speak to them?"

"Niall, if I didn't learn anything about you within the last 17 years then I've been a freaking terrible jerk of a brother and I know for a fact that you are just bored and worried about leaving for Spain." He was actually right as always. He knew what my every move meant, he was a damn good brother to have: irreplaceable.

"Well yeah. Look, this is my first time on my own out there and I was just hoping for a few pointers from a pro like you and our parents." I tried to pull a cheeky grin.

"If I had a penny for every time you asked that since last month, my great grand children wouldn't even have to work even if they had 10 children each." Right again.

"Greg, don't tease your little brother like that!"

"Hi Janine! How's Cali?" Janine, Greg's wife came by and sat on Greg's lap.

"Y'know, the weather is fab and being on vacation here is just a dream come true." She was a lucky girl to have my older brother and Greg was a damn lucky lad to have a fine wine of a woman like Janine.

"Dreams do come true, huh." Greg said. I remembered my auditions in the X factor three years ago. We weren't good enough for Simon. My dream shredded into a million teardrops.

"Oh, you want to make my dreams come true Greg?" I snapped back to reality. She was about to get it down.

"Oh you betcha! I will rock your world!" As per usual, the two got horny real fast in front of their child and brother.

"WHOA! WHOA! Keep it PG please!"

"Oh oh!" Theo commented from the back. We all laughed. Theo was just purely adorable.

"Well, I guess I don't need another lecture from you so I'll get going."

"Take care Niall! don't forget to wash your clothes!"

"Shut up Greg!" I got embarrassed in front of Janine, although I was chuckling.

"Bye Theo, bye Janine, and bye Greg!" I greeted goodbye as I took a last glimpse of the beautiful scenery of a sunset on the Greg's beach house. Comparing their weather to the dreary compulsory grey weather of London, I decided not to think of how fortunate they are currently in California.

It's already 01:39am in the morning. What else can I do that will occupy me for seven more hours? Darts became more boring since I only played against myself and Kevin isn't back until tomorrow, by the way he's my roomate if I haven't told you yet. Maybe I'll just write in my journal.

I think about all the things I could've done and write it in there, or practically just about anythign really. But mainly about the things I could've done and should've done, all my regrets in life has been recorded in this book of mine. When I think about it, it makes me feel sorry for myself and frankly reading it doesn't help me at all when I'm in times of trouble. However, I try to think about it as a way of uplifting myself. I know that I could've done this and that but here I am, God has another plan for me. It's like a humbling thing when I reflect upon it. Sometimes, when I get really lucky (thanks to my Irish charm) I get things better things than I expected, therefore I write them also in my journal.

Entry #78

Dear Journal,

Today was a fantastic day except I couldn't sleep at all, I just can't. I guess I'm just really hyped for tomorrow and apparently I can't remember the language I've been studying for more than 14 years! Can you believe that? I'm writing on this now because...

I couldn't bring myself to continue writing as I flipped the pages backwards. All the memories and the experiecnes over the years. I'm normally not dramatic like this but I just felt weird, y'know. It's not because it's my first time living in another country by myself fully and not really having someone to back me up if I ever got in trouble, it's just that I kind of felt... homesick. Yeah, homesick.

But my biggest regret. The event that I wrote 10 pages on my journal about was none other than my short X-Factor experience. Simon Cowell didn't put us throught the live semi-finals. I missed all the fun we had together: Harry, Louis, Zayn and Liam. When we were in Harry's dad's house, we use to be around a campfire just singing songs when we were suppose to be practising for a song to show Simon. I guess we were just mucking around therefore we didn't took it seriously. I wonder what they're doing now, I heard Harry is still in the music buisness making his own records but I don't think the public's buying him, he's not even famous yet. Liam I think became a fireman, Louis is out travelling in and out of New York and Zayn, I don't know. We still try to keep in touch with each other but I guess we didn't really had anything as a boy band. I was a massive fan of boy band back when I was little. I don't believe in them anymore. Nowadays all I hear is Justin Bieber and this famous boy band called Live It Up, kinda reminded me that it could've been us than them. They took the world by a storm, it unbelievable that they can make a girl faint by hitting that follow button on twitter #NoticeMeLiveItUp. They're just... woah.

I guess I need to clean my side of the house before I leave, otherwise Kevin will literally kill me. It's like living with a psycopath with him! One day he hates you, the next day he turns gay for you. Seriously Kevin, you're not a thing people just play around with!

Arggghhhhh!

I WANT TO GO TO SLEEP!

A/N

PLOT TWIST: THIS ISN'T AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE FANFIC.

ENJOY :3