Chapter Three "Questions"

My feet crunched the snow as I ran through the woods. I knew where Christian parked, because he always parked in the same spot, it was getting to the car that was the issue. Someone was following me, I could feel them.

                The adrenaline from the fight was still pumping through my veins so instead of following orders as I should have, I stopped. I spun on my heel and turned to face my hunter. My hands were itching to have more blood on them, more blood from the wolves. I hated them, with a passion that would never relent and I would not halt killing them until they were extinct. My eyes scanned the area, but I saw nothing. The woods were absolutely mute.

                I sighed heavily and turned around, only to see a wall of flesh blocking my escape. I stepped back in shock. There was no way that someone had snuck up on me like that, it was inconceivable. But sure enough, a man stood in front of me. The man was shorter than the Alpha I had just murdered, but he looked more built than him.

                I jumped back, putting space in between him and I, knowing that he could attack at any moment.

                “Jumpy, aren’t we?” He smirked. He didn't seem to be tense or alert, simply curious.

                “What do you want?” I asked, not bothering with my innocent façade.

                “I saw the way you murdered my Alpha.”

                “And now you want revenge?” I assumed. My hands were moving slowly up to my knives. I shouldn’t have put them down at my side, my hands should be close to my weapons at all times.

                “No,” He chuckled. “I could care less for that worthless man. I was a new member of the pack, and I hated it. You really did me a favor.” He said, closing the distance between us in one long stride. I moved back, my heel hitting the trunk of a tree. How could I allow myself to be cornered like this?

                “Then why follow me?”

                “You intrigue me,” He said simply, has hand touching my cheek. I flinched back. I wanted to stab him for touching me, but I was just as curious as he was.

                “How so?”

                “A girl like you, so small, played the Alpha so well. You are lucky your colleagues stepped in, his pack would have killed you.”

                “Isn’t it men that always say, size doesn't matter?” I smirked. If he was going to play a game, I was going to play back.

                “Why do you smell so delicious?” He asked. I gritted my teeth. Straight to the point, completely ignoring my comment.

                “Why do you smell so bad?”

                “Don't play with me,” He growled.

                “Don't toy with me.” I stepped close, nearly stepping on his toes. He moved back slightly. “You may be a big bad wolf, but I am not a rabbit, shaking in fear. You do not frighten me. You can growl and bark all you want, but I will not cower.”

                “Good. A prey that is more difficult is more fun,” He said before he grabbed my neck roughly and forced my lips on his. My hand ripped my blade my its sheath and dug it into his shoulder. He flinched back from me, his eyes wide with shock.