Dragon Age- The Mystery Behind The Dragon Eye

"Hey I finally posted my new and first story I've ever well started writing. XD Please enjoy I really love this story but I want your takes on it." Sorry if the tags for this story don't seem to match it. It's just because most of it happens later on."

Please enjoy and please let me know how you think of it.       

Chapter 1

{Beep,Beep,Beep}

"Uh shut up already geez I'm up, I'm up geez!"

(Stupid alarm clock)

          I sleepily opened my eyes only to be blinded by the sunlight glistening through my window. Sitting up in bed and rubbing my eyes I let out a yawn. Once I sleepily got out of bed and did a few stretches, and then I went to the bathroom across the hall from my room and got ready for school. After getting ready I went over to my desk where a small box made of red ceder wood lay on the edge of my desk next to my reading lamp. Opening the box I found my favorite golden necklace. The necklace had belonged to my father who had passed away a few years back in a drastic car accident.

                 I held it close as I remembered my father, who he was and what life was like before he died. He was a tall man standing at about six foot two with bright blue eyes, and strawberry blond hair that showed no signs of white in it. My father was a kind and very gentle man. He was a loving father who would do anything to support his family even if it meant putting his life on the line. He was 34 when he passed away. Mom fell apart after his death she quit her job and started drinking. Ever since then I've been living a double life. I needed to go to school to get my education, and having to support my family at the same time by working two part time jobs; one during the week after school, and one during the weekend.

           After putting the necklace on I looked in the mirror. I had those same bright blue eyes that my father had but I had light brown hair that I inherited from my mother. My younger brother Kenny was the one who looked a lot like our father. Looking away from the mirror I looked at a small picture frame which was a picture of my family. I felt a small warm feeling inside as I looked at the picture. My father kissing my mother tenderly on the cheek, my mom smiling as she hugged my father tight, and me and my brother were in front rough housing each other but smiling at the same time. Blowing a kiss to him I said, "Wish me luck dad", as I turned to get my backpack.

                 When I was out of my room I walked over to my brothers room to see if he was awake. Opening the door only to see him fully ready and sitting at his desk. I walked in and asked him what was the matter, and he just told me he wasn't feeling good today. I sighed as I put my hand against his forehead only to feeling nothing but a slightly warm feeling. At that I knew he was lying. I stood up and walked and headed out to go to the bathroom again. I went and grabbed his medication and then went and grabbed a glass of water for him down stairs.  When I got back he was still sitting in complete silence. Putting out the glass of water and the two pills he grabbed them and took the medicine. Sitting on the edge of his bed I asked him what he would like for breakfast. Kenny just told me he wasn't hungry.

                 I knew how he felt seeing how things have gotten really depressing around here since father died, and mom started drinking her head off. Most of the time I had to leave Kenny to tend to our drunken mother alone, and sometimes I would come home to see him covered in scratches from fighting with my mother and my mother would be out cold somewhere in the house.

          Looking at his alarm clock I noticed that the time was 6:30 am. We had a half an hour to eat before we had to go and head towards the bus stop at the end of our street. Looking away from him and searching his room for a few  moments I felt very sad for him. His room was a mess from the last time mom and him had fought. Sighing I looked back at him and I got up walking towards him. Looking down at him I saw a hollowed expression on his face. I knelt down and gave him a kiss on the cheek as I whispered in his ear, "Be down in the kitchen in ten minutes okay Kenny?" He just slightly nodded as I went over and grabbed my backpack and headed out of his room.