Chapter Three

I felt my heart dropped as everyone stilled around me. Jacob didn’t seem unfazed as he kept his eyes on me, his finger still twirling the strand of hair. Why I didn’t move away, was beyond me. I was frozen staring dumbly at Jacob.  However, protectiveness of question was overpowering making me quiver with fright. “I asked you a question,” Demetrius asked again. I shrank back pulling away from Jacob’s reach, I watched my hair fall from his grasp.

I couldn’t understand why Demetrius sounded so angry. I stared at Jacob, who still didn’t seem fazed by Demetrius unlike the rest. His hand was still up in mid air, caressing nothing but air as if my hair was still under his touch.  I let out a small shiver as I took a small step back. I watched as a small smirk appear on Jacobs face. This gave me a chance to examine him a bit more. He had fair skin dark brown hair, not black but riding on the edge of it, strong jaw line with high cheekbones, he was well built with full lips, his dark brown hair styled carelessly and green beautiful eyes.

It hit me then, this was the same guy I had bumped into the day before. The day I had sadly first bumped into Talia. I didn’t know why I hadn’t recognized him but then again, I had not really had a chance to check him out the day before. His green eyes suddenly went into slits before he turned to face Demetrius. “Demetrius,” he murmured.

Once his name was out in the open, I felt my heart hammer even more. I tried to swallow a lump. I felt as Demetrius move swiftly by until he was in front of Jacob, looking very angry. But that was not was seemed to have shut everyone up, it was the fact that his hand was around Talia. I saw as her blue eyes looking at me with disgust before she curled up closer towards Demetrius giving me a smirk.

I thought it was odd, was she trying to make it known that he was hers? I scoffed, as if I cared. That little scoff, though, brought the attention back to me. I froze in place as all their eyes turned to give me a curious looks. Jacob, smirked widely crossing his arms over his chest.

 “Have something to say?” Talia sneered untangling herself from Demetrius.

What had I done to her not to look like so quick? Of what I recall, I had only bumped into a stranger, who was Jacob, in the halls and she went all ballistic? I was tired of being the one to always get picked on. Why couldn’t I just have one damn normal day of high school?! Like a normal high schooler. She had already kicked the air right out of me, literally. remembering about the torture I had endure not that long ago seemed to cause me to snap. Something in me simmered with power and strength and before I knew it, I snapped my head up too give Talia my own sneer.

“What the hell did I do to you?” I screamed. “I did nothing but accidently bumped into him!” I jabbed my finger towards Jacob. “In the hallway! It was a damn accident! That’s all I fucken did too cause you to hate me? Damn I didn’t know this school was filled with shallow people! Just leave me the hell alone!” By the time I was done with my little scene. I was breathing hard my heart fluttered basically beginning me to calm down. I placed my hand over my chest, pressing my hand into my skin hoping it would slow down.

“Whoa easy there girl.” I snapped my head towards Angelica.  She approached me with her hands out. I began to calm down frankly at how I had reacted. Never in my life had I ever yelled at someone the way I had yelled at Talia and never during school.

“How about we go take a walk?” she coaxed slipping her arm through my own. I didn’t see any reason not to accept her offer. I needed some air and I needed to get out of this cafeteria. This lunch hour had been way too much for me. I nodded as she began to pull me away. I winced still in a bit of pain from the beat down I had received.

That only reminded me that I was in pain thanks to Talia, who had taken her place next too Demetrius once again. “Are you still in pain?” asked Angelica looking worried. I mustered half a smile, “Just a little nothing that a walk can’t fix…”