Chapter 5 - Fate and other relentless things.

Dedication: Etherealism 

 Fate is truly relentless at attempting to ruin a perfectly good life. Aiden was my first everything. It was a basic cliché beginning present in every girl's dream.  He told me he loved me the day I met himso just like every other story, we fell in love quickly after. I was naive and vulnerable. He promised me he would do everything in his power to make me happy. Fucking a slut and making her pregnant didn't make me happy.  He wanted my money and the statusof my parents. He wanted everything apart from me. He realized that rejecting me was a better choice, that the slut was a better choice.

That hurts. That kind of pain just never really goes away.

I close my eyes at the sheer memoryof my distant love story. Just thinking about it hurt too much.My heart was closed and never again could open to someone again. If I did, I would be ripping out my heart and feeding it to a bunch of sharks.

As I'm walking across the parking lot, I hear something, loud and full of purpose.

It sounds like footsteps; a lot of them. All uniformed and steady.  I slowly come to a stop and turn around.

I see six guys just walking right behind me. I cock my head and raise my eyebrowat their indifference towards my realization of their presence.

"Stalking is not a very attractive trait." I reply to their unwavering stares.

They remain completely emotionless; as if their whole life was consisted of getting rid of every bit of humanity they had left. They stay rigid and walkwith a motive. Not a self motive, but more of a job forced upon them by someone a million times stronger; both in status and strength.

I grunt in frustration. "How am I supposed to know what to do if you guys don't tell me what you want?"

All of them remain in their stolid state except one. The fourth one from the left gave a ghost of a smirk.

"Being talkative won't help with our patience" He reprimands.

"What did you expect me to do? Walk home and invite you in for a cup of tea." I retort.

"You're outnumbered and yet you don't think sarcasm isn't appropriate at a time like this."

I roll my eyes and turn back around. I strongly despised being taught the things I should and should not do by someone whom I didn't respect. I don't need this, not now, not ever.

"Let's not leave so soon. Fear is such a useless emotion."The same guy comments at my sudden need to leave.

"I think we can label that an opinion."I retort.

"You can't call it an opinion when we both know it's true." He replies. The rest of his group begins to chuckle and my patience slowly wears thin. He’s speaking for me and that touchesmultiple nerves.

"Running away is something powerless cowards do. I don't see a purpose you guys have in stopping me and nor will you guys explain it to me. I don't have anything better to do than just leave."I explain, letting out a huff.

"Let's make it simple and blunt. You need to come with us. It'll be a lot less painful for you and less troubling for us if you come without struggling."

"I'm offended that you believe I am the damsel in distress in this situation." I reply.

The first guy steps forward and I already start running towards them. I jump and kick the first guy's abdomen and he grunts in pain. He leans forward and I use that to my advantage. I bring his forehead toward my knee, effectively knocking him out.

As soon as I was finished with him, the next guy brought my head to the nearest brick wall. I didn't see him coming. I was too busy making sure the first one was knocked out. I felt the side of my head cut open and the taste of metal evades my mouth as the side of my lip is cut also.

I grunted and turned around so I was facing him. I slammed my fist into his Adam’s apple and he stumbles back, choking. I quickly knee his crotch and use that time to slam his head into the wall.

I felt four arms lifting me above the ground and I struggle hoping to hit at least one person by chance.

"Enough." A voice shouts.

The two guys immediately let goand I fall to the ground right on my butt.

Correction: my butt bone.

Let’s just take a moment of silence for my butt.

RIP

 I groan as I count the amount of sores I got just today. As I'm checking my arms, making sure there's no other cuts,I bump into someone.

I push him away in annoyance, but a pair of arms takes my hands and holds onto them.

"Hello Anna."

It’s only then I realize what my wolf has been trying to tell me this whole time. He is my mate. My third mate. And this is about the time I realized that no matter how hard I would try to run away, I would never succeed.