Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I

Union of Renegades

The Rys Chronicles Book I

Tracy Falbe

Brave Luck Books ™

Union of Renegades: The Rys Chronicles Book I

Copyright 2006 Tracy Falbe

All rights reserved

Published by Brave Luck Books ™ an imprint of Falbe Publishing.

ISBN-10 0-9762235-2-X (print)

ISBN-13 978-0-9762235-2-8 (print)

LCCN 2005906247

This book is a work of fiction. The characters and events described herein are products of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is coincidental and not done on purpose by the author.

UNION OF RENEGADES: THE RYS CHRONICLES BOOK I IS AUTHORIZED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER FOR DISTRIBUTION FREE OF CHARGE TO NON-COMMERCIAL PARTIES IN DIGITAL FORMATS VIA THE ONLINE SYSTEM AT WWW.WATTPAD.COM. ADDITIONALLY, INDIVIDUAL NON-COMMERCIAL USERS OF WWW.WATTPAD.COM MAY DOWNLOAD THE BOOK IN DIGITAL FORMATS FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSUMPTION WITHOUT ALTERING THE WORK OR MAKING DERIVATIVE WORKS OF ITS CONTENT. THIS BOOK MAY NOT BE RE-DISTRIBUTED BY ITS READERS THROUGH COPYING (ELECTRONIC OR PRINT), PLACEMENT ON FILE SHARING SYSTEMS, OR BY SELLING THE WORK TO OTHER PARTIES. COPYRIGHT PROTECTION IS CLAIMED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER AS SPECIFIED IN THE NEXT PARAGRAPH.

This work is protected by U.S and International copyright law. All rights reserved to the copyright holder. Except for reasonable quotes and excerpts by reviewers, the content of this book cannot be reproduced in whole or part in any medium without express written permission from the publisher.

Falbe Publishing

Battle Creek, Michigan

www.falbepublishing.com

Brave Luck Books is an imprint and trademark of Falbe Publishing.

www.braveluck.com

For more information about this book and other titles from Brave Luck Books ™ and Falbe Publishing, write to the publisher or visit: www.braveluck.com

Dedication:

To Scott

Other books by Tracy Falbe

The Rys Chronicles

Book II - The Goddess Queen

Book III - Judgment Rising (coming in 2007)

Book IV - The Borderlands of Power (coming in 2007)

For excerpts and ordering information visit:

www.braveluck.com

1 ~ In the Service of the Empire ~

The river crossing would be dangerous. The loss of some men and horses could be expected, but the overwhelming numbers of the Atrophane Horde would prevail. Dreibrand Veta was glad to lead the first wave of soldiers across the water even though officers of his rank did not usually put themselves at the forefront of battle.

But Dreibrand differed from the other lieutenants of the Lord General Kwan. He needed to try harder. Nothing less than his exploits and bravery would counteract the disgrace that burdened the Veta name.

The breath of horses and men steamed in the predawn chill of the spring night. The water would be cold, but Dreibrand knew he would soon have the heat of battle to keep him warm. He could feel the nervous agitation around him. Although Atrophane soldiers had complete confidence in their abilities, each man knew he would be vulnerable while in the middle of the river.