~Chapter 3: Satsuki~

2009, My room.

He was here again...

His black, soulless eyes were transfixed on the roof, as if he could see the stars in the night sky above. An insidious light surrounded his beautifully sculpted body, which partially and eerily lit my room. His mere presence brought forth terror, my heart pounding like a steam hammer in my chest. My lungs moved up and down, but failed to fill with air that I so desperately needed to live...

Breathe!

Air flooded by lungs, and I sighed loudly. The man averted his eyes to me, tracing over the folds of my dress. His gaze burned like fire; like nothing I could ever imagine. I was so scared of him… My mind running away with thoughts of ways he could hurt me. I whimpered slightly, pulling my duvet towards me. He just watched me, his eyes like dark slits.

A tremor pulsed through me as he moved closer. All he had ever done was stare or talk to me. Never did he give me any indication he was real; but as he moved I could tell it wasn’t my imagination. I couldn’t create this…

His movement shocked me, as he moved like fluid water towards me. I didn’t even feel him on top of me, as his sweet breath tickled my cheek. My hands begged to touch him, to feel his smooth skin against my own. His presence both freaked and compelled me.

“You know your time is almost up… The Bakkura decided they wanted to do it.” his eyes bore through my cheek darkly, as he spat his words with venom.

When the words finally struck my heart, beginning to materialize and mean something, I began to wail. This wouldn’t be happening!! I thought, hysterical. This wasn’t possible… Things like this didn’t happen to me; I’m too normal…! WHY ME? I had done nothing but good my entire life!

Loudly, for once not caring if anyone heard, I wept freely. Opening my eyes to see the mysterious man was pointless, as my vision was blurred by tears. I knew he was gone, as his dim light had left with him. I was alone, in a threatening darkness which held me in its grasp. The silent dark was all I had.

Friendship didn’t matter anymore; not family or any of the people who had once loved me. I had to let them go, to make the process easier. I couldn’t bear to leave them the way I was now… A singing, laughing Manabe popped into mind. She would be the hardest to say goodbye to; I had never lied to her before. Never.

Opening my eyes to the darkness, I could see light begin to trickle in from under the blinds. The sun was rising... The last sunrise at my home. Widening my innocent brown eyes, I stared at the blood on my hands. It was my tears; I knew it was. It had been happening since the first night he came. He told me there was a secret… I couldn’t tell anyone. Especially the humans.

Now, the secret would lead to my demise.

Smudging the blood across the front of my white night dress, I opened my balcony doors to the sunset. As I stepped onto the tile with my bare feet, the sunshine bathed my body. The sky blended into pinks, yellows and a strange purple. They reminded me of happiness. Hope. Life. Not death and lies.

The sky bled together, the sun a glowing orb across the far stretches of countryside that my house looked over, drying the tears onto my face. Green cascading fields, watched over by the rising sun. I smiled at the warmth spreading across my body. Things would not end well, but at least I could stand proud now.

I would be remembered as the little, vulnerable, innocent Satsuki; the girl that couldn’t fend for herself, but had a heart of pure gold… I imagined my friend’s reaction. Manabe would die without me…

Then a thought struck me….

GENIUS!! I told myself as I ran into my room. Things were looking down for me, but I knew I had to keep my head up. This idea I had, would fix everything. I knew it would… It had to.

Hey guys.... I'm bored.

Like really bored. I think I like this story because its short and I don't have to do much work when writing it... Hmmm... Bored. :|

Alright... Hope you like it, the twist is nearing. After that, the real fun begins *wiggles eyebrows* Things WILL get confusing, but please have faith in my story!!!

~Sheep Grl