Chapter 3: Shadows of a boy gives a girl new worth

Chapter 3

Hey Kari! Go back to the boat house and I will bring you dinner shortly!” said Jenovah.

Oh so that’s were you all have been hiding her?” said a man in the background.

oh no! Were in trouble now!” I said walking back.

Shame on you two for harboring a human in such terrible conditions like this!” said the man in the shadows.

Grandpa? Is that you?” I said straining my eyes to look in the shadows.

Yeah boy!” he said as he came out of the shadows.

Grandpa had his long white robe with gold streaks on it, he had his dirty blond hair freshly cut and he had his gold crown with purple stardust crystals pushed through it. His blue eyes shined in the darkness of the sky that read a sign of purity and happiness. We thought we was going to be angry but his forgiving smile told other wise.

Well hello Valerie! I was told by Lorian that you would be waking soon!” said my grandfather.

Aaah Hello sir but I think you have me confused with another because my name is Kari!” Kari said trying to be polite.

Oh so your going by your original name again! Good” said my grandfather in a inviting tone.

Ok? I don’t know what you really mean by that but you act like you know me! I wish I could say the same for a nice man around here!” Kari said looking at him. “Hey if you don’t mind me saying but may I ask what is your name?”

Oh how rude of me! I’m King Gradis of Stardust Village, son of the goddess of the spirit world, Lorian and god of time, Grados!” granddad said while trying to catch his breath.

Wow what a mouth full! Well I’m Kari and I don’t know anything else about me!” said Kari trying to not sound nervous.

And why is that? But your very special to us you must surely know who you are?” said my grandfather waiting to see if this was a joke or not. “ But your Kari the godd.... what the heck is that?” said my father being stopped in his tracks trying to see why the Fire bell had been lit.

What does the bell mean?” said Kari.

It means the Village is under attack! But bell lights when it senses the aura of evil!” I said looking at the white bell's flames.

I have to go! Sorry Kari! Jonah, Jenah protect her with your lives, you have no ideal how important she is to us.” said my granddad as he ran to the bell.

Why protect her! She is more of a reliability if you ask me!” I said looking snooty.

Well we didn’t so we have our orders! Now lets go and see what the problem is?” said Jenovah standing in front of Kari.

We all then ran to catch up with grandpa around the left side of the village. As we stood there, we could hear something rustling in the bushes. It was to dark so see anything but by the sight we all could tell I was the size of a boy. Granddad yelled three times to the boy to reveal himself but we could only hear his demon like panting in the night air.

Wheres the girl! We only want the girl!” said the voice in a dark and echoed fashion.

What girl are you talking about?” said my granddad to the boy.