Chapter Four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, I hope you enjoy the chapter and I've posted a picture of Kasha on the side. Please vote and thanks for reading <3

Chelcia xx

Twitter - @TNTCE Please follow for important updates!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kayla: 12 weeks pregnant

The soft, gentle, spring breeze brushes against my face as I lay peacefully in my warm bed. The birds sing joyfully outside my window as the morning sun rises. I gradually flutter open my heavy eyes and gaze around at my chaotic, shambolic room. There are mountains of brown boxes filled with my possessions, scattered across the floor, which are ready to be shipped off to Damion’s apartment. I slightly raise my head and look at the clock hanging above my bed and then let my head collapse back onto my silky pillow. I’ve got less than an hour to finish packing a few more things before Kasha arrives. 

I sit upright, an enormous bear yawn escaping my mouth as I extend my arms into the air. I begin to climb out of bed, but then a sharp pain attacks my stomach. I clutch my stomach and growl in agony as the pain deepens. Still holding my stomach, I slowly make my way to the bathroom.

I stand in the middle of the bathroom and gaze around at the spacious room. I run my hand through my tangled chestnut brown hair as I look at the turquoise painted walls that Derek and I painted; he said that turquoise would really brighten up the room. I’m going to miss this place, but I’m glad I’m leaving; it means I can let go of all the memories that I shared with Derek here.

I suddenly feel a lump blossoming in my throat and a large foul burp unexpectedly escapes my mouth as I shoot my hands over my mouth. My mouth begins to fill with saliva and my tummy begins to churn. Oh dear, I think I’m going to be sick again. I’ve already been up twice in the night vomiting. I hurl myself over the toilet and pour out a heap of vomit.

After I finish, I wipe my mouth and slump against the bathroom wall. Is all this vomiting normal? I mean I’m sure I’ve been throwing up way too much. I flush the toilet and then stand in front of the bathroom mirror, gazing at myself. I take a hair band of my wrist and I tie my hair up into a messy bun and then take of my pink night dress and let it fall to the floor.

I stand to face the side and inspect my stomach. It doesn’t even look like I’m pregnant; my tummy still looks reasonably flat. Hang on; a smile broadens across my face as I realize that I’ve got a small pout. I place my hand on my stomach and rub it gently. I wonder how many months I am? If I’ve calculated right, I should be around three months pregnant. I really do need to book an appointment to see the doctor, I want to find out how far along I am and when I’m due and stuff. It’s been about four weeks since I found out that I am pregnant, but it feels like that day was months ago.

I turn on the shower and step iinside, the water sending warm signals all over my body. I stand still and close my eyes as the relaxing water crashes onto my skin. I pour some vanilla shower gel onto my sponge and gently massage it all over my body.

Minutes later, I am started by a loud knock at the door. I recognise the unique knock and I know that it’s Kasha. She does this little thing where she knocks, pauses, and then she knocks three times in a row.

“Coming!” I yell as I step out of the shower and wrap a small towel around my body, quickly making my way towards the front door. I peer through the keyhole, just to make sure that it is her, then fly open the door.