Chapter 18 Recovery

[Jenna]

Muffled voices mingled into the beeping of the heart monitor pulling me from my sleep.

I saw a young, ebony haired, doctor talking the other members of Tonight Alive. I assumed she was explaining my conditions.

Their faces look calm enough. A reassuring thing to see at the least.

"Ah you're awake" the doctor was now looking at me "would you like to know the full details of your condition?"

I nodded "yes please"

She began to explain how that my bruises and cuts would heal on their own and that I had fractured a bone in my left arm.

"If you be very gentle, lots of rest, your arm will heal on its own. You won't need a sling or cast. The best thing you can do is keep it moving and active"

I nodded along as she spoke

"And you can leave today. Just go to the office and fill out the papers and you'll be free to go back home."

Home. What a weird thought. Back to Australia. It felt like years since I'd seen my parents.

She silently left the room leaving my band mates to crowd round the bed.

I noticed a bag on the foot of my bed, I reached over to it and pulled out its contents. Jeans, a baggy tshirt with the selves cut off, clean underwear, tooth brush and hair brush.

"We thought you'd want some clean clothes. The ones you came in with were very dirty" Matt said with a smile.

They left so I could get changed in peace. I couldn't wait to get back to the Fuentes' and shower. Admirably the nurses had cleaned my body of blood and grime but they'd left my hair. I wanted to wash off all memories of that factory.

When I excited the room, I was embraced in a hug by the guys.

"Were so glad you're back" Whakaio whispered.

----

[Tay]

The doctor explained to me my condition.

I had to have stitches in my legs and two ribs were broken.

"You'll have to wear a rib brace for a while. And lots of bed rest for the next two weeks. You're free to leave today. Just fill out the forms in the office when you're ready."

"Is she safe for travel? We have to get on a plain to get home" Jordon asked.

The guys were perched on a few chairs in the corner of the small room.

"That will be fine as long as she doesn't have to move too much."

I sat up, wincing at the pain in my side. This was gonna be a rough flight.

The guys stood up and began to head for the door. Rob past me a bag of clothes before disappearing into the hospital halls.

I carefully pulled on the Glamour Kills dress and black leggings making sure not to move my torso to much. It was very painful, I'll admit, but I wanted to get out if this hospital. I wanted to see Jenna and spend my last full day with her.

As I left my room Jeremy and Taylor from Paramore rushed past me. They must have just arrived for Hayley.

The disappeared into the room across the hall. Through the window, I saw Hayley on a bed with bandages round her for head. Her right arm was in a cast.

"Guys"

My band turned round to me

"I'm going to see how the other girls are doing and if they aloud to leave"