Once Upon A Demon.

She ran down a long corridor. Her mind on other things as she tripped not watching her steps she fell, her stomach getting the most damage. He un-born baby has died. She’s fleeing from the hospital with the fetus still inside her. She comes to a path leading  to an un-populated cliff. Her baby was dead. There was nothing she could do. She felt worthless now that the baby was gone. She jumps. Her long black hair flowing behind her. She looks so beautiful and free. She smiles just before she hit’s the water. Her body gone. Nowhere in sight.

He woke up startled. That was the third time this week he’s dreamt about that woman. He had so many questions.  He gets out of bed covered in sweat, walking towards the bathroom he stops to look in the mirror. His ghostly pale body covered with scars stands tall but limp, his raven hair tussled every which way. His solid black eyes catching his attention.  ‘They have gone completely black. At least yesterday there was a little white around the corners’  This boy was a rare sight indeed. His hair and eyes completely contrasting his skin. He finishes his walk to the bathroom and gets in the shower. 

He steps out wrapping a towel around his waist. He slips into his solid black boxers and black skinny jeans. His hands drift over a large scar on his chest. He takes a brush through his hair giving it the ‘emo’ look. He slinks back into his room. Slipping a random shirt over his head he slowly walks down a few steps into the living room. His home clean. A two story cottage in the middle of a forest not too far from a small town. He walks through the kitchen to the laundry room, grabbing an apple an apple on his way. Placing the apple in his mouth he opens the dryer grabbing two socks. He bites his apple, kicking the dryer door shut on his way out. 

He walks to the front door grabbing his timberlands and slipping them on. After tying his boots he stands, pulling his keys from a hook by the door and picking his book bag up off the floor. He walks out the front door, only turning around to lock the door. Walking slowly to his car he finished off his apple, throwing to core into a garbage can. Opening the car door he slipped in, throwing his book bag into the passenger seat. He starts the car, pulling out of his drive way, heading towards his high school.

He arrives at his school twenty minutes later, shutting his car off and getting out. He walks to the passenger side pulling his book bag out of the car, he presses the lock button and slams the door. He walks to the school door, pulling it open he looks around. ‘No ones here. I must be early. Again.’  he walks to his locker placing his things inside and grabbing a note book. He closes the locker and turns on his heel. Rounding a corner he steps into his first bell class. ‘Art.’ He sits at his desk, putting his head down., he drifts to sleep.

Her body floats to the top of a lake. Face down in the water, her body twitches but her heart has gone still. Her arm bleeds out black blood as she floats. The surrounding water has gone dark, near by children have spotted her. A man, no older then 17, pulls her body from the freezing water. He checks her pulse, after nineteen years it has stopped. He notices he swollen stomach. Pulling out his knife he cuts the fetus free from its sell. The children run and call nine-one-one. The ambulance arrives. They inform the man that the baby is well and alive.

He awoke to a taping on his shoulder. He looks up to see his teacher. Her aging face showing concern. She ask how he’s doing. He simply shrugs causing her to dismiss him, allowing him to go home after watching his eyes cover the worry and pain he feels deep down. He walks out of the class room, nodding at her, silently giving his thanks. He sits in his car, book bag in passenger seat, think of what the dream means. He starts his car, carefully pulling out into traffic, not seeing the speeding car headed right at him, he speeds up slightly to get home. The car hit’s the side of the his causing him to lose control. His skull smashes against the glass making every thing go black.

He’s alone. No family, no home. No mom or dad, not even a pet. He cries. Cries all the time. He’s five yet knows so much cruelty. They hate him for what he is, not caring who he is. They throw rocks at him, chasing him with guns, often shooting at him. He sits alone, in his small forest home, crying. Crying for himself and those like him, crying for them because nobody else will. For you see, a demon could never be liked. A boy demon could never be loved, but then there’s him. The one who loves all, the one they call Kira, the devils son.