Chapter Four - Breaking and entering...

AN: doing up a cover for the book and the summary should be up tonight, but for now i have book work to do. just found out i have to go into work for cert 3 work, i thought it was some other time, and turns out i haven't done anything so i gotta at least do one booklet, right? should be another chapter up but it may be short, it's six o'clock hear and my bed time is nine thirty. half an hour doing some work, then dinner, so about seven i'll be back and i reckon i can have the next chapter up! don't forget to vote if you like and comment!!!

***

Chapter four – breaking and entering

Scott’s POV

I tossed and turned all night. I still couldn’t help but wonder what had happened to Kat to make her like this. She always seemed so strong and could take the world. When I found her in the rain I knew she’d been crying. I knew that she’d broken. She didn’t look like the kind of girl who would break.

I felt guilty. She definitely had it hard and when she told me she got kicked out I didn’t even think twice and told her to stay with me. I knew mum wouldn’t care. I wanted to know what had Kat like this but I didn’t want to pressure her.

If she wanted to she’d tell me. I looked over the couch at my closed door and sighed falling back onto the couch. I wondered if she could sleep or not. I knew I wasn’t getting any sleep. It made me scared to think she felt alone.

I knew I always acted like an asshole towards her sometimes but I didn’t mean to. I just thought she was in it for the title but I knew she wasn’t now. No, she was in because it was the only thing she had left. What did she mean by this? I couldn’t ask her anymore, she’d left and gone to bed after that.

I sighed pulling the sheet up over my cold body. I closed my eyes pushing my head into the uncomfortable couch.

‘Scott?’ a small whisper came from behind the couch. I slowly opened my eyes but I was faced with the back of the couch.

‘are you awake?’ the whisper asked again and I sat up. It was Kat.

‘yeah...’ I said voice thick with sleep.

‘I didn’t wake you?’

‘no, I can’t sleep’ I whispered not wanting to talk to loud to wake mum. She was definitely a light sleeper.

‘neither can I...’ she said biting her lip shyly. Kat never got nervous or shy, she always spoke her mind. She was facing some hard core stuff, she had to have. To be like this.

‘do you want to watch TV?’ I asked and she shook her head.

‘I don’t want to wake your mum’

‘I’ll put it on mute’

‘no...I’m fine...’

‘are you cold?’