Chapter 24~

My heart drops as I watch her run away from me for the second time. I felt as if I was fourteen all over again. I couldn't move my feet to follow her. A cold chill froze my spine. My palms sweated in anxiety of never seeing her beautiful face when I go after her.

The big difference this time is the ten guards silently following her at a distance. They would protect her with their lives. No wolf would come near her; rogue or loyal. I couldn't chance them wanting to hurt her out of jealousy.

She wouldn't escape this time. The royal guards are equipped with four of the world's best trackers. She's worn my scent since the moment I marked her flawless skin. There is no dodging those men.

Not wanting to waste a moment I stand and glare down the whore in front of me. Is this what I've allowed to happen? The women of the castle believe they can step over my own mate? I've heard a few rumors. Ones where they would try to get pregnant with my pups, knowing I would have to mate with her.

Being blind to the world had to stop. I couldn't allow the women of the castle to harass my mate. The chances of her staying with me are low to begin with. If one were to confront her, she might run.

"Derek," I yell with urgency. This will be settled here and now. I may be the Prince of werewolves, but Derek, well let's just say you want him on your side during the war.

"Yes, my Prince?" Walking out of the shadows, he comes to stand directly behind Juliet. He already knew what I was going to ask. Dark black hair matches his midnight brown eyes. Strong jaw fit perfectly with the deadly lethal body.

If we had to fight for power, I wouldn't win. Simple as that. 

As my personal guard we've become quite close. He knows my next move before I do.

"Take her to the dungeons for treason against the crown," I command. Anger pulses beneath my skin. Veins bulge at the thought of scaring Claudia away because a female came onto me. I won't stand for any female or male to get in between Claudia and I's future together. She will be mine and if I have to punish others for interfering I will.

"What? Caden, baby." She reaches out to touch my chest. Derek pulls her back by her shirt. Growling at him, she turns her big wide eyes on me. "We've had plenty of amazing nights together, why stop for one girl? You're a Prince, you can have as many women as there are days in a year. I love pleasuring you, my love. Please don't push me away," she purrs seductively. "You love it when I go down on you. Why waste a good thing?"

What did I see in her? Clearly she is incapable of kindness. She cakes on make-up to the point I bet she looks completely different with it off.

Without a word from me Derek ties her hands behind her back. He doesn't take kindly to his Princess being threatened. 

"Once you're done with this piece of thrash, call on all the maids and high born ladies to the ballroom. Inform them nicely that if they so much as whisper a harsh word against my mate and their future Queen, I will charge them with treason and send them down to the dungeons. They can keep the male prisoners company for a week or two. I'm sure they will gladly give them rough pleasure." Snarling I crunch my hands into fists. "That is what you wanted right?" Snarling at the whore in front of me.

"Will do your highness." Bowing he drags a kicking and screaming whore away.

Turning away, I bolt into the forest. Following her delicious scent. I had to be near her. Giving her a heads start, I pray she has calm down and not believed I didn't want her. That is the furthest from the truth.

Jogging for nearly five minutes I come to a small clearing. Stars twinkling high above in the sky, shine brightly down on the lone figure surrounded by delphiniums. The moon glistening off her smooth skin.  Even with wearing sweatpants and a hoodie she can still take my breath away.