Part Two

Ry woke up happier than he ever had, but all too soon his happiness turned to dread. The reason for his happiness was curled around him. Her left hand tangled in his hair and for once he didn't despise how long it had gotten. Her right hand was holding tightly to his hand. One leg was tossed over his hips and the other tangled with his legs.

He could get used to waking up like this.

Except; he couldn't. He got the one night, it was now bright daylight outside of his dark room, but he wouldn't get the girl. Even if he tried to take it to the Council they would shut him down like they had her.

There was something in the rules, something that basically gave forfeit to his feelings in order to allow countless others to fall in love.

Her hand tightened in his hair as she began to come awake with a moan. Her hair was like flames dancing over his chest and he hated the idea of letting her go.

Her lovely eyes opened slowly, and he could feel her happy emotions filling the room as she looked at the two of them entwined with each other. Then he felt her resignation, her sadness, her disappointment. Ry pulled her closer and kissed her forehead, as a silent stream of tears slid along her face and continued on along his chest.

"It's okay, Deni. Baby, it's okay."

"No, it's not" she denied with a pathetic shake of her head and all he wanted to do was hold her until the pain left. But he couldn't, because then he would want to hold her until his pain left; and with her absence from his life that answer was likely to be forever.

"No," he whispered against her hair in a sad voice, "I don't suppose it will be." He pressed a kiss to her forehead and rubbed his hand over her arm in an attempt at comforting her.

"Why can't we be together? Ever since we were kids I knew you were the one for me, but I also knew I would never get to have you. Why can't I have you?" He wasn't sure if he was meant to answer so he just stayed silent and held her.

"You know that night, about twenty years ago?" She shispered against his chest and he nodded. Oh yeah, he remembered that night well. It was one of the worst in his entire existance.

Ry and Deni were a pair, causing problems as childhood best friends only could. That night though, they'd had plans. He had searched for her only to find some other guy wrapped around her. Ry had never felt more angry or betrayed. They were ridiculous emotions, he knew from his creation that he wasn't allowed love.

He was allowed to love because they can't just take that emotion, and obviously people could fall in love with him, but it could never work.If he actively took a soulmate, the council would terminate oneor both of the people involved because it messed with the grand design.Nevermind that they screwed over freewill, which one would think messed with the grand design but there was a saying where they came from. 'Destiny has a way'. 

"I'm sorry I got mad at you then. I get it. That guy... I only kissed him because I wanted to get rid of my feelings for you.  I've been in love with you for so many years and for so many years I've known it was impossible and I just wanted it to not happen. I wanted to stop feeling that love for you. We all know the consequences of falling in love with a Cupid."

Death.

The word didn't leave either of their lips but they both knew that was where it would always go.

"I couldn't cost you your life."

"Deni, my life is yours. My heart, too." He finally whispered and he felt her tense up, just before her tears fell onto his chest.

"I was equal parts scared you would say that and that you wouldn't say that," she admitted before she glanced up and forced his head down. She kissed him with a passion so hot he felt like he was burning. She kissed him with such love, and despair. The most beautiful taste, hers. He couldn't let her go.

His arms slipped lower, settling around her waist and he flipped himself on top of her. Her teeth bit his lower lip, fueling his desperate desire. He had a plan but if his plan didn't work out he was definitely not going to be alive past the end of tomorrow. He broke away from her tempting lips and kissed each of her temples, then he kissed along her cheek until he hit her earlobe. He licked and then bit down gently, pulling lightly until he heard her moan and felt her hands tighten in his hair. The sound was like music to his ears and he continued his exploration down her neck to lavish her collarbone.

"I love you," she breathed as she ran her finger through his hair. That was the only thing he could focus on the rest of the time. She loved him, honestly and truly. And he was damned if the Council would make him live without her.

**This isn't done yet. I'm so freaking sorry that it has taken forever. When my phone was stolen almost a year ago I kind of just lost it. My writing spark along with everything I had had on that phone. Ending is rushed because I really should be leaving in like..... five minutes ago. Oh. Oops. Enjoy.