Author's Note

How can a divorce lawyer know anything about keeping love?

Defending Eve is inspired by true events. I have always been a romantic soul, but it was a struggle for me to learn how to give myself completely to love. Surprisingly, it is my career as a divorce lawyer where I learned there is no half-way effort if relationships are to thrive. I truly have seen behind the curtain. Through my work, I was able to discover a simple yet paramount secret that provides couples the greatest opportunity to follow through on their commitments to each other. 

Ninety nine percent of couples I divorce all have the same central problem: one or both partners fail to make the relationship their absolute top priority.  Despite their commitments, one or both partners are always selfish or self-involved. Contrarily, they should be focusing their efforts on what would make their partner happiest, and ultimately what is best for the relationship. It’s mystifying how people commit themselves to another, and ultimately do not follow through with their best effort.  Genuine love is a precious gift that only visits us occasionally in our lives.  It makes sense that when one achieves such love, one should do everything possible to foster and nurture it.  

My experience and findings do not suggest or provide a cure for bad moods, bad days, rough times or even divorce.  Rather, the revelations in this story merely give a couple the best opportunity to experience the most rewarding and sustainable relationship possible.  Imagine if every couple woke up tomorrow and made their relationship and partner their top priorities and focus.  I have no doubt the divorce rate would go down.  It is a conscious decision the partners in a relationship have to make. I had to admit to myself how I was sabotaging my dreams for happiness. I had to personally use the lessons I have uncovered on my journey to spur a complete metamorphosis of my character.  The reality is that it is never too late to change.

Defending Eve is unique because such a tender story has its source in a world affected by the acrimony of break up. Ironically, it is only through such a stormy environment that the light shines through. There is truly bounty in such a revelation, and it must be shared.

Adam Scott Jaffe

January 2013

You can purchase the book through the following channels

 Amazon: E-reader

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Defending-Eve-Adam-Scott-Jaffe-ebook/dp/B00GRCQ2WU

 Amazon: Paperback 

http://www.amazon.com/Defending-Eve-Divorce-Lawyers-Secrets/dp/1482030594/

Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Adam_Scott_Jaffe_Defending_Eve?id=SNymAgAAQBAJ&hl=en

Barnes & Noble:

Nook:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/defending-eve-adam-scott-jaffe/1114698854?ean=2940148283294

Apple Ibooks:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/defending-eve/id814588435?mt=11