Chapter 3

**Vascillia**

My body felt stiff and it was a moment before I could open my eyes. When I first opened them the light made me snap them shut being so bright. I felt a presence in the room with me but instead of making me scared or defensive it made me feel calm and want to curl up and sigh with contempt.

That scared me even more. Another’s presence always sent fear to my heart reminding me of my pack and brother. why the change now?

I slowly opened my eyes letting my eyes get adjusted to the light and looked around. The room was done in dark comfortable colors. The carpet was black and so thick my feet would disappear if I stepped down. The walls were a dark blue and the furniture was all in a dark brown wood.

A black couch was pushed against the wall and sitting on it was a guy, no words could describe how amazing he looked. His hair was dark brown that framed his face. Light jeans clung to his legs showing how muscular they were. A tight black t-shirt strained to cover a chest that would swallow me. He was nothing but muscle and I would only come to his shoulder.

When he noticed me awake and staring at him I saw a smile cross his lips with worry as well as relief in his eyes. Why would he be worried?

I realized I was in his bed and wondered how I got here. Suddenly memories from before came crashing back and I scooted back as far as I could clutching the comforter as close to me as I could and hid my face scared.

What had they done to me while I was out? He didn’t look like any of the guys that had attacked me but I don’t know what happened after I blacked out and he has given me no reason to trust him.

“P…Please don’t hurt me,” I whispered knowing he would hear. I heard a whimper and felt the bed dip as he sat down beside me. I cringed and curled up under the blankets. I know it was childish but I couldn’t help it. Flashes of before kept running through my mind.

“Lisy I’m not going to hurt you ever,” I heard him say in a voice that had me melting. It was the same voice I’d heard just before I blacked out. It made me relax a little and I slowly pulled the cover back till I could see him. Wait how did he know my name?

Sadness covered his features as he looked down at me as well as a little anger. It didn’t seem like that anger was directed at me though. “Why am I here? Who are you? What happened to those guys?” I asked all at once wanting answers.

“You’re here because you’re my mate and you were hurt. I couldn’t have you in another room besides mine, Matrix wouldn’t allow it. I am Liam, alpha of the Blue Moon pack and your mate. I banished those men from my pack after I came across them and what they were trying to do to you. I would have killed them if I wasn’t so worried about you.”

So he saved me? Thank God! They didn’t get far. Wait did he say mate? I don’t have a mate. “I don’t have a mate,” I said lost in thought. Everyone always told me that since I didn’t shift I didn’t have a mate and I’d believed them.

“Do you not feel the pull?” he asked looking at me seriously. “I don’t know what the pull is,” I said honestly. He gave me a weird look before saying “You feel comfort and happy in my presence along with a need to be close to me. You’re extremely attracted to your mate more so than anyone else. If I was to touch you you’d feel tingles go through you,” he listed off still staring at me.