Part 1

Hello my loves <3 This was an idea i've had for awhile now, and I decided that I would bring it to life. This is a short story that I have finished. Please comment, vote, and fan. If you guys really like it, I will make the sequel, a normal length novel! Remeber to also continue reading His Twin Brother! I have some cool stuff planned out for that story as well. Enjoy! —Maria

Why did love have to be so complicated? I mean honestly, what’s all the arguing worth if you just come to a later conclusion that you both love each other? After realization has struck, usually couples hug, kiss, and apologize uncontrollably to each other. Then leading into further annoyance and getting into another fight.  I asked myself everyday why I even bother with love. Then I realized that love is everywhere, and without love, we’d be nothing. I also realized that I’m a sucker— for him.

                I pushed the home button on my phone and scrolled down to my messages. For more than five seconds I stared at the dreadful memo. My stomach dropped while I reread the message over and over; taking in the realness of the words and significance.

                I held the phone in my palm, and just stared at the screen while a sing tear ran down from my eye.

                Just before the screen went dark I saw my last glimpse of the fatal blow that brought me to tears.

                From Chris:

                                Fine. B tht way. It’s ovr bitch.

                                Sent at: 12:53 A.M.

                                Received at: 12:53 A.M.

                With that the screen went black and all I could see was my own reflection. Tears welled up in my eyes. Trying to defy my broken heart, I inhaled deeply and wiped my eyes on the back of my sleeve.

                A faint knock hit my door.

“Tempe? Are you in there?” called my best friend Gabby.

I straightened myself up and opened the door.

She gave me a sympathetic look. Her arms held out waiting for a hug.

Breaking down, I practically fell into her arms.

She smoothed the back of my hair as she held me close when I practically ruined her ninety dollar pink North Face Momentum jacket with my sobs. Now that’s what friends are for.

“Shhhh,” she cooed. “It’s okay hun, let it out.”

I sniffled away my tears. “Gabby,” I said looking up at her, “I love him so much.”

She tilted her tiny pixie head at me and said, “I know. He loves you too. Just give him some time. He’ll stop being an ass and come to his senses.” She flipped her shoulder length, cherry red hair behind her shoulders.

Gabby reminded me of some kind of forest creature. An elf or fairy maybe. She was never seen in a dull pastel shade. Vibrant colors always represented her style. She always wore never ending accessories. From fashion gloves to, knee highs, to hats, to funky jewelry, to suspenders and of course to many a pairs of shoes, you name it, Gabby wore it. She also had her assortments of body piercings. Most of which her parent didn’t know about.

                I shot her back a doubtful head shake.

                “Ooo!” she piped up. “I know exactly what would make you feel better!”